[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Sony System (soon to have pics

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:23 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Sony System (soon to have pics

My Sony System (soon to have pics

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Sonylover01 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:51 am

Yes, I have been thinking of doing that. Thanks, I am pruod!

And, it sounds SOOO GOOOD!!! the deep rich bass on Dolby PL and the good "all around" sound in C Studio. Why do you say that you are used to Cinema Studio soundfield? Is this field on other recievers too?
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:37 am

Sonylover01- The Cinema Studio sound field your receiver has is a similar field, at least with the same concept. Some of the newer Sony receivers have multiple Cinema Studio EX sound fileds. My STR-DA7ES has these Cinema Studio EX soundfields-as well as other soundfields that aren't Cinema Studio EX:

Cinema Studio EX A: Reproduces the sound characteristics of the Sony Pictures Cary Grant Theater-can be used for most movies.

Cinema Studio EX B: Reproduces the sound characteristics of the Sony Pictures Kim Novak Theater-can be used for science fiction and action movies.

Cinema Studio EX C: Reproduces the sound characteristics of the Sony Pictures scoring stage-can be used for musicals or films with orchestra music.

I for the most part, prefer using A.F.D., Auto Format Decoding. This mode presents the audio as it was recorded/encoded, without adding additional sound effects-such as simulating a certain theater, etc.. 

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:47 am

After experimenting with each of the 27 soundfields in my DB 930 my favorite is still Auto Format Decode.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Sonylover01 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:08 pm

How do you use AFD? I have this button on my remote, but, for all of the functions, it doesnt do anything
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:28 pm

Sonylover01- Your receiver doesn't have A.F.D., but I wouldn't concern myself with that now. The best soundfield on the STR-DE345 IMHO is the C.STUDIO mode.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:26 pm

I just cought the new pics you posted. You have a great setup, and the best part is that your system is modular and you can upgrade as opportunities arise.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Sonylover01 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:27 am

On 2004-03-13 00:28, Toli wrote:
Sonylover01- Your receiver doesn't have A.F.D., but I wouldn't concern myself with that now. The best soundfield on the STR-DE345 IMHO is the C.STUDIO mode.

Agreed Is this what they use in the threatres? Why is it called Cinema Studio?
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:35 am

Sonylover01- The Cinema Studio mode is not really what they use in a movie theater. But, it's  actually to simulate the characteristics of a movie theater. 
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:02 am

I'm wondering which one of the 3 Cinema Studio modes the DE 345 has? A- "Cary Grant Theater", B- "Kim Novak Theater", or C- "Sony Pictures Enterment Scoring Stage"?

My guess would be A, because it is described as "a standard mode, great for watching most any type of movie".

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:25 am

It would seem to me, the 345's Cinema Studio mode might be similar to the Sony Pictures Cary Grant Theater, in the respect that it is used for all movies. But, it's Cinema Studio mode reproduces that charcteristics of a movie theater (seems this would be an average movie theater), and that the Cinema Studio EX modes would reproduce the characteristics of a specific theater. In the case of Cinema Studio EX A, it would reproduce that characteristics of the Sony Pictures Cary Grant Theater. Not, that this is much of a difference, but IMO they probably wouldn't be exactly the same.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery