[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Sony System (soon to have pics

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:53 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Sony System (soon to have pics

My Sony System (soon to have pics

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Sonylover01 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:03 pm

*UPDATED*

What is it?:

Reciever: Sony STRDE-345

Front speakers: two JVC SP-MXK3's

Center speaker: Abstract Acoustics (unknown model)

Rear speakers: two Sharp CPR-450's

Here's an (almost) full sound system picture:

And here is what you missed from the fist picture, the right speaker, hiding behind my computer tower:

Here's a closeer lok at the desk set-up:

Here is the center speaker:

These are the rear speakers (facing upwards so I can hear more, somehow ;D ) :

Here is a closeup of the STRDE-345 (front) :

Here is a closeup of the STRDE-345 (back) :

Thats all, if you have any questions or reconmendations for my set up, please reply,

Thanks

Trav

(or Travis, wichever you prefer, I dont care wich)

Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:10 pm

Sonylover01,

You have a fantastic start for a young teenager. I look forward to your pics.

jttar
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:53 pm

Nice setup! When I was your age I was spinning mono 45 RPM Beatles records on a portable phonograph. You're way ahead of where I was.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by TonyTiger » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:19 am

Sounds rather nice. I'll look forward to some pics. Which JVCs are you using?
TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Sonylover01 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:03 pm

Maxxwire: Really?? Cool!

Jittar: Yeah, once I get double A batteries for my camera, there will be pictures

TonyTiger: Im using the SP-MKX3's
http://www.agoraquest.com/images/forum/red.gif

Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:12 pm

Sonylover01- Welcome to Agoraquest. I think it's great to see your interest in Sony and home theater. You certainly selected a great forum to become a member of. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your setup. I also, look forward to the interesting perspectives I feel you may bring to this forum.

BTW- What monitor are you running with your computer?
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Sonylover01 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:24 am

Thanks so much Toli! I'm running a NEC MultiSyncFE700+

Also, If anyone wants to know or has any opinions, here is the way the reciever is configured:

I use:
Dolby PL -> SUR -> Delay L --> SETUP --> CTR MODE -> NORMAL ->REAR SETUP > NORMAL --> LEVEL > CTR +10 > SW 0 > BALANCE

My Question,
It seems that I have less centre sound then rear. Is this because of the Normal setting in the REAR SETUP menu?
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Sonylover01 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:32 am

I also have another question

1. why dont any of the clickable pics (A/V connector pictures and smiles) work in Mozilla?

2. Why, In 5.1CH, are there only TWO soundfields?!
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:04 pm

The number of soundfields varies from model to model. My Sony D-515 has 3 fixed soudnfields- Dolby, Hall, and Simulate. OTOH my DB 930 has 27 programable soundfields.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:05 pm

Sonylover01- I looked at your manual, check out page 20. On page 20 it gives the instructions on running the Test Tone and to adjust the speaker levels. The rear levels range from -15 - +10. In doing this you'll raise the level of the rears, and in turn lower the level of the center-and end up balancing all the speakers. Let us know if this helps you. 

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery