[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - TigersLair test

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - TigersLair test

TigersLair test

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by duncan » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:09 am

That sounds like a very short time to setup for such quality results, any chanse of a video-clip of of the screen coming up? I want one!

On the remote issue for RF, it may be worth visiting http://www.remotecentral.com/ and their forums.  Some Marantz remotes have optional RF extenders upgrades.  Once again well done!
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by TonyTiger » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:46 am

Thanks Duncan, The actual physical set up time is what I quoted. Before that, I spent 3 months planning and selecting components and trying to figure out what fit the space permitted. I have spent another month learning the Marantz and setting it up. We collected the equipment for the month before the install. Once the cabinet came I had to redo the plan since the 42XBR950 didn't fit by 1 1/2 inch. I measured the projected cable runs and had RG6 run to the point of the "drill hole". The hardest was the subwoofer. With the concept of "nothing can show" I was limited to a 9 inch space (22.5 cm) under the end table that the wife already purchased. It was shear luck that my friend Rich knew the Sunfire was a 9 inch cube. I had to remove the rubber feet from the sub to slip it in the space then reattach them. It was close!
Time is relative, are we ever really done? I'm already thinging of upgrading the BOSE cubes now that I know others are out there to audition.
Thanks for the lead on the remotecentral, I've been there but didn't find that thread. I'll look closer.

pippsfan-
Thanks for the smarthome pointer, I forgot about them!

TT
TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jro2625 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:07 am

Sweet setup
jro2625
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by BrianBBY » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:55 pm

Ahh, Crap! all that nice equipment And it's hidden...

JK.

looks really sweet!

i just like to Floss all my expensive components...i don't like em all hidden.
to each his own, your setup is nice tho, lose the tape deck. what is this the 80's?

BrianBBY
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by duncan » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:41 am

Until recently I have enjoyed havinbg nice kit on show,  I don't know when but know I would prefer to hide it all away.  Those full height racks look excellent in both looks and praticality (not to mention the WAF).  Given the room I will go for one next time I move house.
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:25 am

Even though I do have 6 stacks of A/V equipment in my listening room, I can still appreciate all of the genius moves it takes to tuck it all away when it is not in use.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by TonyTiger » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:22 am

I shot a video of the TV coming up and going down. after I captured it it was 378 meg. A little large for a posting, I'll try to do some digitals singles this week.  Here's the manufacturer's picture at midlevel.

TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by duncan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:47 am

Claudio might have something to say about you posting a 378meg file might slow the forum down a little
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by baseballgod » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:30 pm

That's a long time to spend with a Hooker but it was worth it
baseballgod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:14 pm

Its also best to do like Tony did and buy the Hooker, because renting to own can be very expensive.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery