[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - TigersLair test

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:41 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - TigersLair test

TigersLair test

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by TonyTiger » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:09 am

Finally. If you remember the wife said I could get the plasma but nothing could show in her living room! Here comes the KE 42XS910 from the Hooker Furniture cabinet

Here is the TV with the component stack:

That's me in the reflection.  Here is the component stack closer:

and the Sunfire True Sub Jr, the most visible piece:

I tried to keep the wiring clean:

Thanks for letting me share this with you. 
SONY KE 42XS910
Marantz 7400
Panasonic DMR-E80H
Motorola 5100 HD Cable Box
RCA 5 CD Changer
ADS 250 LCR speakers across the front
Carver Sunfire True Sub Jr sub woofer
BOSE series 5 rear surround speakers
TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Toli » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:59 am

TonyTiger- What a nice setup, cool equiptment. Real neat job on the wiring, looks nice. And it's really cool the way you were able to hide everything. I don't see the surrounds though, if possible could you add a picture of those too?
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by duncan » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:55 am

Cool, now that how to get high WAF   Are those custom made cables or were you just lucky having them all perfect length?  I really like the AV enclosure, did you have to insert the mesh or was it supplied like that?
duncan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by TonyTiger » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:18 am

Thanks for the kind comments. I did get lucky on some 1 meter cables. The rest are custom cut. My friend Rich is an automotive security system installer and a TV installer so he brought the blue spool with him. We needed it for all of the longer runs.... to the sub and to the rears. The rears are just BOSE cubes but they hid nicely mounted to the window's lower corner. The cable comes up from below next to a handy heat duct they follows runs under the baseboard to come up at the correct spot.

and the right:

I think I took this picture before securing the speaker bracket :<[
I used a Radio Shack Sound Level Meter and balanced the six speakers (5.1) using the Marantz's tone generation.  It sounds great.   I might look into upgrading the BOSE's eventually now that some other small cubes have appeared.

The WAF is very high. Now I'm teaching her how to use the Marantz RC1400 remote. I macroed a PlayDVD and a WatchTV for her. It's really cool to see the TV raise up from the cabinet. I have to get that working from the remote. The cabinet used RF and the remote sends IR. Any ideas??
TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by TonyTiger » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:29 am

Duncan-
I'm very happy with the Hooker Furniture cabinet,
http://www.hookerfurniture.com/index.cfm?inc=cats&level=3&topCatID=9&parentID=260&gParentID=9&item=109-55-020

It took months to come and since the back is exposed we had to build a stand off hardwood panel to attach to each unit.
This Plasma furniture comes with three choices for the upper panel. Wood, speaker mesh on a thick frame or glass(not supplied). The smaller right cabinet also has a glass panel included for the large lower panel. We wired a Niles IR repeater to the ADS center speaker. That routes down through the cabinet out the back and into the small cabinet. The IR blaster then fit under the Marantz. In the component picture you can just see it in the middle under the amp. It blasts enough signal up the front to reach all of the other components. You can see it in the 4th picture. In the 6th picture you can see the IR receiver box mounted on the inside wall next to the Motorola HD box. It has the capacity to have other blasters come out to go to another cabinet or shoot up from another shelf.
TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by pippsfan3 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:59 pm

I was waiting to see this pics and TonyTiger you don't disappoint.  I love that plasma display.  I'm sure the pq is just as sharp as the way you have it displayed.  I think our wives need to meet so yours can talk mine into allowing one of these to be delivered to my home.   Really great setup. 

I'm adding a link for you from smarthome.com, it is equipment to change your Ir to Rf.  I haven't personally tried it but it might help.

http://www.smarthome.com/8220a.html

pippsfan3
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:20 pm

TonyTiger,

You have a beautiful home and a beautiful setup. All your careful planning and hours of installation is quite apparent. You have a right to be proud of the end result. Thanks for the "look in". Love that pop up screen.

jttar
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:15 pm

Tony- You did a supurb job of setting up your Home Theater. You did such a wonderful job that I would like to deicate this poem to you:

If you want to have Home Theater,
and to be a happy guy.

Be like Tony Tiger,
and keep the WAF way high!

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toronto365 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:33 pm

Well done dude, super set up you have there!
From the TV to the furniture to the wiring.
Its amazing what our wives put us through ...
Toronto365
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by TonyTiger » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:46 am

Thanks! I'm blushing
and very happy. Thanks to ALL. Steal what ideas you can, I sure did.

Thanks Maxxwire, great to get kudos from an 'old hand'. Did I mention it took one night (6 hours) and another day (6-8 hours) to get the whole thing set up? Two hours to mount the plasma in the Hooker Cabinet. We had to adjust all of the brackets on the universal mount.
TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery