[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - El Caballo Home Theater Information

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - El Caballo Home Theater Information

El Caballo Home Theater Information

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by el_caballo » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:17 am

Hi:

I just wanted to let you know that I send back my DVD Samsung HD-931 and the store give me the chance to change it to other model so I decide the denon 2200 I am wainting for it I let you know.

BAck to component!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This are the 3 thing why I decide to change this DVD.
1.If the image is bright or if it's a scene in the movie that has a lot of light, the image quality is highly detailed (almost HD). But when it has to render black levels it fails badly. Any shadows or dark scenes (night scenes), sometimes I can barely see the person in the picture. But when I switch over to the progressive mode and turn off the DVI mode, the picture looks great, even the black levels.

2.There are some downsides,the remote leaves a lot to be desired(poor ir sensitivity)and when watching 4.3 DVDs the player stretches the image to fit your widescreen TV.This only occurs when using the dvi output and is not adjustable.You can not see 4.3 movies on 1080i or 720P DVI output.

3.Also there are few movie like Brother Bear show a lot of artifact on it.

I call Samsung and there is nothing they can do to fix this problem.
el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:04 pm

After your Denon 2200 arrives you should be able to charge admission to your newly redecorated Home Theater!

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by el_caballo » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:52 pm

MAXWIRE:

Here is my last status the company send me the DVD-910 instead of the DVD-2200. The thing is the DVD-910 have compatibility issue with SONY tv making the image unstable. So I send it back and request the HD-931 againg.  After comparing a few DVD,s like Panasonic,Toshiba,Denon,Pioneer I still like the image of my HD-931 the only thing is that every time I am going to watch a 4:3 movie I need to set the DVD to 480p using the DVI connection and 720p or 1080i in WideScreen. Also this DVD the HD-931 is very tricky for calibration because it have a Black level issue it looks more black than it should supouse to be. Also I buy the new DVE Digital Video Essential to calibrate my TV but I found that The Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune Up is better and more easy to used. After a few testing the image look better went I calibrate my TV with the S & V Tune UP.

Back to DVI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:04 pm

Here's to hoping that they get your order right this time and you get the HD-931 that you want this time.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by el_caballo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:55 pm

Hi guys:

I got it right this time. And I add a 6000U High Definition receiver from Dish Network and it looks great. Discovery Channel is awesome 

Regards,

Armando

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/el_caballo/
el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:55 pm

Thanks for the update! I really like your new blue color scheme.

Exactly which Composite to S-Video Y/C seperator are you using?

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by el_caballo » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:33 am

Thanks!!
Maxxwire:

I am using a Tributaries Composite to S-Video.

Product: C2SX

penScript('includes/image.php?id=170 ' , 500,500)">
Enlarge Image

• Passively converts Composite Video to S-Video

• Economical version of C2S

penScript('includes/getinfo.php?id=170&product_name=C2SX ' , 400,300)">

Pricing: (US SRP)

each

el_caballo
    Sony Devotee
    Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:38 am

I use an Audio Alchemy VRE 1.0 which is a 533M hz DSP based outboard Digital Comb Filter which processes each line 1400 times according to 10 different criteria with a dual adaptive algorithm-

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_3_3/v3n3h.html

_Maxx

Maxxwire
    Sony Adept
    Sony Adept

by el_caballo » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:39 pm

Hi:

Long time not hear from you guys, Here i am just to letting you know that I buy a new subwoofer Klipsch KSW10 10" and is very good.

fficeffice" />>
    Here are the details:
    >

> >

For the discriminating ear this powered subwoofer delivers hard-hitting bass, stellar sound quality, unmatched music performance and contemporary design. It's easy to hear why Klipsch is the brand of choice among true music and movie lovers.>>

> >

55 watts continuous power/225 watts peak output power>>

Frequency Response: 29-120Hz (plus/minus 3dB)>>

Continuously variable from 40-120Hz / Switchable 0-180 degrees Max. Acoustic Output: 110dB 1/8 space 1 meter>>

2 second on delay, 15 minute off delay>>

Inputs: 2- High level speaker terminals, 2- line level/LFE RCA phono jack Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) construction>>

Klipsch KSW10 Warranty Details>>

> >

Split 5/2 Year Warranty (2 Years on Integrated Electronics)

Merry Christmas 

Att Armando

el_caballo
    Sony Devotee
    Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:14 pm

el_caballo- It is so good to hear from you again after so long!

I hope that you made it through this year's horrible hurricane season alright.

Your new Klipsch KSW 10 looks like a great addition to your Home Theater. I guess that Christmas came early for you this year!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
    Sony Adept
    Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery