[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - El Caballo Home Theater Information

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:25 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - El Caballo Home Theater Information

El Caballo Home Theater Information

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 am

I have a recording of the Space Shuttle launch and there's just no substitute for having the listening chair in contact with the Subwoofer for the direct transfer of those 10-25 hz infrasonic sound waves. It gives you the experience of what it might actualy be like to be aboard one of those launches.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by el_caballo » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:42 am

TonyTiger:

For now yes the Aura pass the vibration to the wood and the wood pass the vibration to the Sofa metal frame. For me is fine.
If there is a conflict with the true bass i let you know but for now it feel ok.

Maxxwire:
That sound good to test it.

el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:28 am

El_Caballo- Are you using a Subwoofer in addition to the Bass Shakers?

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by el_caballo » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:15 am

Yes!!!I got my Subwoofer and my Shakers.

Here is why I am using the shakers.
1st some times you don't want to crank up the volume.I got my volume normal and I feel the LFE on my sofa.

2nd If you see the photos my HT is in a location were I don't have a back wall and also I have a stair to the left side that goes the top some times you hear the whole bass on the stair or on the kitchen.That why some time I need to crank up the volume to feel the bass.

But this is not and issue for me. If you got any suggestion will be very apriciated.

att: Armando

el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:09 pm

I put 2 channels of my Subwoofer behind and in contact with my listening chair for the very same reason that you added the Bass Shakers and that is so that I could feel the bass without having to rock the whole room. Its like having localized LFE.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:21 pm

Maxx,

When you talk about putting your sub in contact with your listening chair do you physically have the the sub touching the chair? If so, do you have the speaker pressed against the back of the chair or do you have a part of the cabinet touching the chair. If not, does the sub fire at the chair? Inquiring minds want to know.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:50 pm

The 2-channel push-pull isoberic Subwoofer enclosure with two 12" Pioneer Premier speakers is 6" wider than the listening chair and sits flush up against it.

The back of the chair tilts slightly backward and sits directly over the Subwoofer's four 4" tuned ports. Because the chair sits directly over and in contact with the enclosure you can feel every nuance of the two 12" speakers as they move in tandem as well as the alternating exhust of the ports.

It took me 5 years to perfect this set up into what it is now. I have run it many different ways, but this is the configuration I like best because it delivers the Sub-bass in a very believable manner.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:42 pm

Maxx,

Thanks for the description. I can picture it in my minds eye. I can understand why when you play the  Space Shuttle launch you truly feel like "Major Tom"

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:03 pm

el_aballo is really on the right path with his Bass Shakers. Nine years ago when I started my Subwoofer project there wasn't such a nifty device, so I had to do the best I could to get the same type of effect with the materials at hand.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by el_caballo » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:29 pm

Hi guy's:

I just want to share with you what I am using to protect my A/V conection from dust and rust on my equipment.

What do you think of this?
el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery