[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - El Caballo Home Theater Information

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:01 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - El Caballo Home Theater Information

El Caballo Home Theater Information

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by el_caballo » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:25 am

Hi jttar

Yeah I was lost for awhile. But I am back. Nice to hear from you again.

Here is the sub....in the left corner..

darksquall: Yes but I fix it with help of a Sony Tech.That was 1 year ago. If you need info. check my last 2 post.

baseballgod: My aparment was decorated by me 4 year ago and I am not a professional. I see HGTV a lot and learn a lot like here in this forum i learn a lot. By the way I am going to change the colors of my aparment may be next moth. I send you new photos.

Thank to all of you. Nice to here from you guys.

I you don't know, ask and learn  by J.Michael
el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:03 am

You have a very nice Home Theater and I am lookng forward to seeing the changes that you have planned although it is hard to imagine how you could improve on the fine work you have already done.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by baseballgod » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:22 pm

haha true true Joe
baseballgod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by el_caballo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:33 am

Hi:

Here is a recent photo of my home theater with the new Samsung HD-931 and also I cut the coffee table legs and the position of the surrounds is different now. I still testing the DVD but for now I like it very much it looks different you notice the difference in the Black level, Colors more bright and image more smooth. I let you know later.

see ya!!! 

el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jttar » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:41 pm

el_caballo,

You sure did cut down the legs on the coffee table, it looks 4 inches shorter. I also noticed that you have the surround speakers pointing straight across from each other instead of toeing them into the center of your room. Do you notice a difference in the soundfield?

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by el_caballo » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:35 am

jttar: Nice to hear from you.

You sure did cut down the legs on the coffee table, it looks 4 inches shorter. I also noticed that you have the surround speakers pointing straight across from each other instead of toeing them into the center of your room. Do you notice a difference in the soundfield?

Joe

Yes the legs are 6 inches shorter to be exact. Yes the soundfield is diferent now I dont here the sound coming from each speaker individual. I hear it from the back (center back) I found that I was to close to my surround speakers and I was hearing each speakers individual with some effects but nothing big the sound from the surround speakers should need to be virtual or indirect no direct. Now if I play the THX demo from my S&V tune up there is a part that you hear a thunder and i hear that exactly in my back with out having any speaker in my back. Is the same went you toe in the front speaker to hear a soundstage but in this case i am to close to my surround may be thats one of the reason I found a diference.

I recently buy  the Samsung DVD HD-931 with DVI output. I got it connected to my Sony KV40XBR800 with the DVI cable that came with the DVD.

I calibrated my TV with Sound & Vision Tune Up. Here is my opinion went I start my research everyone said that if I buy a DVD with DVI I was not going to

notice any difference in my CRT. Well let me tell you I found a few benefits from it. I start testing the DVD player and I found there are some movie that you don't

notice any difference is true but there are other movies like Finding Nemo the Colors (RED,Blue) looks more bright. In Lion King movie the Black level looks black

and color very brilliant. In The fifth element the people color and details looks very good. The Terminator 3 and Bad Boys 2 the black level give the movie a new look

and the details very clear. In Triple X snow scene I found a very good white level and very good contrast. Overall the DVDs looks more soft and the colors more bright.

But if you want to see a DVD 4:3 in 720P it convert the movie to wide screen DVD just permit wide screen movie only for 720P and 1080i you can see it 4:3 but in 480p.

Other thing this DVD have a JOG to do step by step scene on the player and has a Blue light that you cant dim is killing me.

Thanks!!!
el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:39 am

Which model of Panamax line conditioner are you using?

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:10 pm

el_caballo,

Thanks for the reply. It is surprising how changing the position of one or more of your speakers can affect the soundstage. It is good to hear that you found the best position for your room and where you sit. You give a great review on your new Samsung DVD HD-931 and the improvement of video using the DVI cable. I have not pursued a new DVD player with DVI outputs as my Sony KP53HS30 TV doesn't have a DVI input. I do use component cables and see a much better picture then using S-Video. Your endorsement of the DVI connection gives me something to look forward to on my next TV. I can only imagine that "Finding Nemo" could look even better. That movie has an incredible picture. Good to have you back here and posting.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by el_caballo » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:56 pm

Jttar : Thanks

DVI is awesome. You know I went to the CES @ Las Vegas this year and there is a new conection is the HDMI.

HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is the first industry-supported, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface. HDMI provides an interface between any audio/video source, such as a set-top box, DVD player, and A/V receiver and an audio and/or video monitor, such as a digital television (DTV).

HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable. It transmits all ATSC HDTV standards and supports 8-channel digital audio, with bandwidth to spare to accommodate future enhancements and requirements.

If someone wants more info check this site.
http://www.pacificcable.com/HDMI_Tutorial.htm

MAXXwire: Hi !!! I am using a MAX4300.
http://www.panamax.com/products/productpage_comp.asp?sname=m4300

el_caballo
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:55 pm

I have been using a Panamax 1000 for many years and it has always faithfuly protected my equipment especially during huge electrical storms. It also provides me with 97% RFI/EMI reduced clean AC power.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery