[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - VPL-FX35 Shuts down, red light flashing thirteen (13) times

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - VPL-FX35 Shuts down, red light flashing thirteen (13) times

VPL-FX35 Shuts down, red light flashing thirteen (13) times

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony's Projector Series (CINEZA series).

Moderator: jttar

by CKDewey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 am

I've had the VPL-FX35 for about one month and it has been working well, but a few days ago the unit began to exhibit the strange behaviour of shutting itself down after seven to ten minutes then has a red light which flashes thirteen times, pauses, then blinks a further thirteen times ad infinitum.

I have not been able to find any mention of the fault code after numerous searches, but some posts regarding Sony TVs mentioned a faulty internal power supply or rectifier.

The expense to import this unit was incredible and there is no service centre here. Is this a power component issue, or might it be caused by some other factor such as over-heating?
CKDewey
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by CKDewey » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 pm

I found that there is now an authorised service centre in my country and they have confirmed the power supply board was the issue. The projector should be repaired in a few days...
CKDewey
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Michaeljohn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:41 am

or might it be caused by some other factor such as over-heating?

Sony Fan

Return to Projector Series