[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - VPL-VW12HT repair

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:23 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - VPL-VW12HT repair

VPL-VW12HT repair

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony's Projector Series (CINEZA series).

Moderator: jttar

by morksbeanbag » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:52 am

Hi All,

Last week i bought myself a lovely (and quite rare in the UK) Sony VPL-VW12HT projector, it arrived in perfect coniditon with all accessories, perfect. After a few films i  noticed a single dust blob and my perfectionism got the better of me.

I took the optical assembly to peices, in doing to broke a tiny light filter adjacent to the blue LCD panel, not only that but the optical assembly seems to be not quite lined up (after my taking it to peices to clean each peice), edges of the blue and red are not as bright as the rest of the image, i think the mirrors or something are not quite angled right, though i have checked and re checked, maybe they are extremely sensitive.

Anyway, i now have a very expensive paperweight on it's way back to Sony who say the optics would cost £862 ($1700 ish) to replace. Which i cannot justify doing at all. If they do say it is that i think i may try to talk the technicians into selling me the tiny blue light filter peice and tinker with the optical assembly myself.

I wondered does anyone have a Sony VPL-VW10HT/11HT/12HT service manual at all, i could really use some help with this.

kind regards

Ben

<font size=1></font>

<font size=1></font>

<font size=1></font>

morksbeanbag
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Projector Series