[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Projector turns off

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:52 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Projector turns off

Projector turns off

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony's Projector Series (CINEZA series).

Moderator: jttar

by bfer » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:23 am

I really hope someone might be able to help me
I have a sony cineza hs1 projector with 600 hours witch hasn't given me any problems whatsoever in over two years.fficeffice" />>> 
Today it suddenly powered off, I waited a few minutes and it happened again. I turned it off, read the manual and found that the yellow light was on, according to the manual, that means that the lamp is due to be replaced or that it is overheating. 

The strange thing is that it cannot be heat because I've waited for two hours and the same thing happened, I also find strange that the lamp might need to be replaced with only 600 hours, especially because I can see the projected power up screen perfectly, without any color artifacts and without the warning to change lamp.>>

It just powers up normally, and after about 30 second it powers off again without any warnings.>>

When the lamp needs to be replaced it should display a warning but I don't know it would power off automatically before it even gets to the warning.>> 

Does anyone with more experience have any ideas? Is this normal when the lamp goes out?

Thank you for your help>>

bfer
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Craig_Nike » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:56 am

First thing I would so is pull the lamp out and put it back in again - may be just a faulty connection betwwen the lamp power source.
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by karenD » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:00 am

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. I've reseated the bulb a couple of times, reset the hour timer, the air filter is new but I've re-seated that too, and I've sworn at it a lot. I'm begining to think I may accidently fall over the holy grail while looking for a tech support number!

I'm going to keep looking, but please post if you get the solution and I'll do the same.

Cheers,
K.
karenD
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by erkant » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:58 am

On 2004-09-28 07:00, karenD wrote:
Mine is doing exactly the same thing. I've reseated the bulb a couple of times, reset the hour timer, the air filter is new but I've re-seated that too, and I've sworn at it a lot. I'm begining to think I may accidently fall over the holy grail while looking for a tech support number!

I'm going to keep looking, but please post if you get the solution and I'll do the same.

Cheers,
K.

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Did you managed to find the solution?
erkant
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by webby56 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 am

I have just put in a new lamp SOny HMP150 the projector keeps switching off. So I removed the new lamp put in the old one no problems. So therefore sent lamp back to Sony and got a new one again this does the same thing. Put the old one back in again it works perfectly apart from the blue tint thats another problem serperte from this issue. Can anyone help thanks
webby56
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Beatlebacker » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 am

Do any of you guys have any warning indicators on besides the standby LED? (eg. Temp / Fan LED?)

I've had a problem in the workshop recently across the range with the lamp cover. Similar symptoms to what you're experiencing, and it turned out to be a bent micro-switch tab on the lamp cover. If you have the same, DO NOT try to straighten it without first gently heating the tab - if you don't it may well break!

If this doesn't prove any help get back to me.

Steve
Beatlebacker
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Projector Series