[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - SAT-HD200 Dead?

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SAT-HD200 Dead?

SAT-HD200 Dead?

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by Airswoosh1 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:43 am

My wife has been rearranging the living room, so I've had to move my components around. So, I go to plug my SAT-HD200 back in, and it is dead. No power, no lights, NOTHING. I opened her up just to check the fuse, and visually it looked fine. Otherwise, I really don't know what else I'm looking for.

It wasn't slammed around, dropped, or did it go through any other harmful activity, so I'm at a loss. Anyone have a thought or idea what the problem might be?
Airswoosh1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Airswoosh1,

Greetings and welcome.

This type of problem has to be the most frustrating when you know that it makes no sense that the receiver shouldn't work simply because it was moved.

At the risk of being obvious, have you tried the HD200 in another power outlet or tried another appliance in the outlet that the HD200 is being plugged into? Possibly a tripped circuit breaker?
Have you checked the power cord to the HD200 to be sure it doesn't have a broken wire.

Please post back with any update.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by claudio » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 pm

Here is the SAT-HD200 user manual

http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/Sony/Sony_SAT-HD200.pdf

For no power, it states is the AC Power Plugged in?
is their a cold boot procedure for this model

I saw this in a forum

Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the Digital Satellite System (DSS) receiver will not turn on or has no power.
  1. Ensure the DSS receiver is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
  2. Attempt to turn on the DSS receiver by pressing the POWER button on the front of the receiver.
  3. If the DSS receiver still will not turn on, disconnect the SAT IN cable.
  4. Attempt to turn on DSS receiver by pressing the the POWER button on the front of the receiver.
    IMPORTANT: If the DSS receiver turns on when the SAT IN cable is disconnected, then the issue is being caused by the cable that connects the receiver to the dish, or the Low Noise Blocker (LNB) on the dish. If this is the case, replacing the LNB or cable will be necessary.
  5. Perform a cold boot procedure

Cold Boot Procedure

Follow this procedure to perform a cold boot on a Sony® Digital Satellite System (DSS) receiver.
  1. Turn off the DSS receiver.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the DSS receiver.
  3. Remove all the cables and telephone connections from the DSS receiver.
  4. Remove the access card.
  5. On the access card , clean the gold contact [image below:5b244493] by using a soft cloth.
  6. Reinsert the access card into the DSS receiver.
  7. Reconnect all the cables and telephone connections.
  8. Plug the power cord back into the DSS receiver.
  9. Turn on the DSS receiver.

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Toli » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:19 pm

Airswoosh1,

Check to be sure that the power cord is pushed in all the way on the back of the HD200. If I remember right it was a tight fit.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Airswoosh1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:51 am

Thanks for the responses, but still haven't gotten it to fire up. Figure I'll just need to replace it anyway.
Airswoosh1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:05 am

Airswoosh1,

I don't know if it's of interest to you, but the last update that I received for my HR21 DVR shows the ability to output in 1080p!

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:01 pm

On 2008-12-22 13:51, Airswoosh1 wrote:
Thanks for the responses, but still haven't gotten it to fire up. Figure I'll just need to replace it anyway.

Airswoosh1,

If your interested in a pristine HD300 with all original accessories and packaging let me know. Mine is not in use and I would sell it for a very reasonable price.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo