[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony SAT receivers gone black

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:04 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony SAT receivers gone black

Sony SAT receivers gone black

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by toyhound » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 pm

I give up.   I spent an hour on the phone with a Directv supervisor who finally seemed to understand what the problem was and said she was escalating it to engineering.  She also said she would make sure I got status on the issue and an eta for resolution.  I just got an email from DTV thanking me for my call and that they were glad to be able to resolve my issue today.  "If there's anything else we can do feel free to call us again"  I responded and let them know I will be calling again.....right after the Dish Network technician finishes the new installation and I need to cancel my DTV account.

They don't care and I don't care to give them any more of my money.  I'm under no illusion that Dish customer care will be any better, but.....

Maybe I'll feel different about it in the morning.   My only regret will be loosing the use of the HD300.    
toyhound
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by toyhound » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:22 am

The datastream was 'fixed' this morning and we're back up.  I'm still unhappy with customer care, but I am happy that the HD300 is working again I may rethink bailing on DTV....for now anyway.
toyhound
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Rick,

Good news! I'm glad to hear that your HD300 is back in business.
It is a shame that you and countless others had to go through all this. Hopefully DirecTV will credit your account for all the time you were without their service.

Now go watch some TV ---- you are way behind.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by toyhound » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:43 pm

Thanks Joe.....my eyes are starting to get square again.

Rick
toyhound
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Highlander1 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:54 am

Just a semi-random question, but on the HD300, what controls the channel icons?  For example, certain channels don't have icons such as NFL network and G4.  However, last night suddenly the old TechTV icon shows up on the G4 banner...  Might this be something to do with the data changes you guys were discussing?  Sorry for the odd question, but that old icon showing up last night got my curiosity going.  
Highlander1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Highlander1,

Greetings and welcome.

Although I have not seen it yet, apparently, G4 has changed their logo to the old TechTV icon.
Check out THIS sites post.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Highlander1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:16 am

On 2008-02-01 23:05, jttar wrote:
Highlander1,

Greetings and welcome.

Although I have not seen it yet, apparently, G4 has changed their logo to the old TechTV icon.
Check out <FONT size=3>THIS</FONT> sites post.

Joe

Thanks!  I was curious about that and appreciate the link.  Oddly I get the feeling this is merely a DirecTV goof though as G4 is using the "G4" logo on the programming and DirecTV's program guide is the only thing using the classic logo...

I still wonder why DirecTV doesn't have the logos for all the channels in the program guide (ex. no logo for NFL Network)... Or is this simply something with our older boxes not having all the logos?  Do the newer boxes have a full set of channel logos?

(sorry about straying from the topic)

Highlander1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo