[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - HD-300 RF Antenna

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - HD-300 RF Antenna

HD-300 RF Antenna

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by ak01q » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:47 am

Does anyone have an RF antenna for the HD-300 receiver? I have an HD-300 without an antenna and really need to find one. Please help if you can. Thanks.

ak01q
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:23 am

ak01q,

Depending on how far you live from the TV broadcast towers in your area you can get by with an antenna that ranges from rabbit ears to an outdoor roof mounted antenna. You will need an old fashioned VHF/UHF antenna to pick up your local channels in standard def and HD def.

If you go to THIS site and enter your zip code it will tell you what size antenna you need. After you know the color code of your area you can go to your local Radio Shack or home improvement store and purchase the correct antenna for your area.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by ak01q » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Jttar,

Thanks for your reply but I am talking about the RF remote antenna which plugs into the receiver and allows the remote to operate in RF mode as opposed to IR mode.
ak01q
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:24 pm

ak01q,

Sorry about that. My mistake.

We recently had a similar discussion about the RF remote antenna and it seems that the HD300's remote antenna is a proprietary antenna. The forum member tried various types of RF antenna's and none of them worked.

The part number you are looking for is RF-ANT300. I did do a search but the only one I found was an exact replacement over at DirecTV's site and they want $90(US) for it.   Pretty outrageous. If you want to see what it looks like click HERE.

Hopefully, you will have better luck in finding one cheaper.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo