[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Who orders a dish in the "City of Wind?"

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:08 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Who orders a dish in the "City of Wind?"

Who orders a dish in the "City of Wind?"

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:31 pm

Who living near Chicago has seen the commercial for Comcast cable, in which a guy gets on his roof with a baseball bat to knock down his satellite dish?

For anyone who hasn't seen the commercial: a man gets on his roof, during a thunderstorm no less, to knock his satellite dish off the roof; so he would then assumably order Comcast cable. A monk, or a man who looks like he may be a monk appears on this man's roof. They start talking about Comcast cable, as they are talking, the weather clears. The monk then says "Who orders a dish in the "City of Wind?" After seeing that commercial I ask this question, "Who gets on thier roof during a thunderstorm?". Too funny!

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by NiteHawk » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:32 pm

Toli.....the advertising is getting fierce between cable, satellite and now the telephone companies going after your hard earned dollars.  If anyone is paying for the tripleplay, as offered by cable, you know what I mean.

My personal favorite is the kid explaining to his father what the Verizon tech is doing.

During the 80's, Maxell video tape had a commerical with a guy sitting in a chair, in front of his TV watching his VCR, when all of sudden the tape deck spits the tape out, almost hitting him, because it was not a Maxell.    
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Toli » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:50 pm

NiteHawk,

I know about the competition. What I found strange is that the commercial makes it seem that one is of a lower intelligence for having satellite TV service in Chicago. But the supposedly wiser and enlightened person who has now switched to cable, apparently gave no thought to getting on his roof in a thunderstorm to knock the dish off his roof. Where is the logic in that? That's just too funny!

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:09 pm

Toli,

Do you suppose that the Comcast commercial was directed at me and my DirecTV dish?

"Windy City" Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:18 pm

jttar,

It could be! lol......

Toli KF-50WE610 w/Salamander Archetype TV65, STR-DA7100ES w/Harmony 880 Pro, DVP-NS3100ES, DIRECTV H20, Panamax 5510-PRO ACRegenerator & M1500-UPS, XBOX; Klipsch: KSF-10.5(2), KSF-C5, KSF-S5(4-2), KSW-15; Stuart's Glass Toslinks, LAT V1-5

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo