[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - You CANNOT get the new HD channels with an HR10-250

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:38 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - You CANNOT get the new HD channels with an HR10-250

You CANNOT get the new HD channels with an HR10-250

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by lemoncadillac » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:50 pm

jttar:

"Lemon,

Glad to hear that you were compensated by DirecTV in some way for the loss of your HR10-250. I realize that getting HD programming free for a year is an extra perk but if a long time customer like myself wanted to upgrade to HD service would DirecTV supply the HD receiver, the 5 LNB dish and free setup?

After you get it installed, I will be interested to see which local HD channels you get. One of the main reasons that I have stayed with OTA HD is that the local HD channels that DirecTV offers me does NOT include all the HD channels I can receive using my OTA antenna including UPN which sometimes airs the White Sox (and always in HD).

Joe (aka BeastMaster)"

After 2 installers( the 1st one 4 hours late, not a senior tech as I requested(2 weeks on the job) he could not win, 2 hours in the rain on my roof and 16 holes latter I was done). Called DTV to get the job done right. The 2nd installer was on time, and went to work. My new installer not even a citizen of our country was the best ever. I called DTV and Premier sat. to complement him. I never do that, his customer service was outstanding. He checked every termination, clipped all zip ties. I help him run the new cable to my garage where he found the best signal. I told him about the excellent job he did and gave him a RedBull his choice.
I now receive all my locals in the new package. My roof top antenna I am now using for FM radio.

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:43 pm

Lemon,

Thank you so much for the update. As always, things never seem to go completely smooth but I am glad to hear that you ended up with a tech who knew what he was doing and made a clean install as well.

Now that you have your local HD channels with DirecTV do you still receive all the local HD channels that you did with your OTA antenna? For example, with DirecTV, do you get your local PBS HD station or UPN HD or does your local HD channels only include CBS, NBC, WLS, WGN and WFLD(FOX)?

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by lemoncadillac » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:37 am

jttar

Yes I receive all my locals and new station keep coming.

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:23 pm

Thanks Lemon. That is what I like to hear. It might be time for me to take the plunge and upgrade my subscription with DAVE. I appreciate you being the Beta Tester.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by lemoncadillac » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:03 pm

ttar

I don't know what DAVE is. If you are ready for HD TV. I love my DTV . Minus the cost!!! I think like the Hd vs Blue ray war (ie) Beta vs VCR. I think DTV has moved ahead far ahead.

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Toli » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:11 am

On 2007-11-02 23:23, jttar wrote:

It might be time for me to take the plunge and upgrade my subscription with DAVE. I appreciate you being the Beta Tester.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

jttar,

Is the DAVE that you refer to the Dynamic Advanced Version Equipment AI bot that you can have online conversations with?

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:21 pm

Actually gentlemen, DAVE is a old term for DirecTV use by early hackers of the access card. It is not an acronym for anything but rather a way of referring to DirecTV without using the company's name. I thought this term was more well known.

I have been reluctant to go with the HD package for the reason I stated in an earlier post to this thread:
I have been a DirecTV customer for many years but I do not subscribe to their HD package. I use an OTA antenna to receive all my Local HD stations and have it plugged into my Sony HD300 satellite receiver.

The biggest reason that I have yet to subscribe to DirecTV HD is that it would render my $900 Sony HD300 receiver as useless as your current HR10-250. Also, DirecTV's local channels wouldn't give me all the locals I get now (and use).

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by bradwyle » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm

The new HR22-100 DVR that DirecTV gave me free to replace my HR10-250 will not revive off air signals, it has no RF antenna input.  They said they provide the local DTV but not all of them.  You only have the Directv inputs. So Keep your HR10-250 as a place to keep your saved recorded moves and use it as an off-air DTV receiver for the local broadcast TV stations. With it, there is no need to buy the DTV converter box.  I have found it very useful when storm clouds block DirecTV signal, I can still look and the news and see where the storms are headed. 
bradwyle
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo