[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - You CANNOT get the new HD channels with an HR10-250

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:49 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - You CANNOT get the new HD channels with an HR10-250

You CANNOT get the new HD channels with an HR10-250

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by lemoncadillac » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi

No one here is complaining about DTV? I have 100's of $ of worthless 1 year old DTV HD/Tivo equipment. There are also problems with the new receivers see this
http://hdguru.com/?p=127

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:45 pm

Lemon,

Perhaps the reason no one is complaining is because, like myself, they are not aware of this recent news. Thanks for the tip.
The most frustrating part about this is that DirecTV is aware of the problem and has no solution.
From what I read, the problem lies not in the new receivers but the way the signal is being broad casted by DirecTV. It seems that the new receivers are only displaying what is sent.
Hopefully, this issue will be addressed by a firmware update, sooner than later.

HERE is and active link to the article you posted.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by lemoncadillac » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:29 pm

jttar

I don't know if you are a DTV HD customer, but if you are?
You will need a new receiver (DIRECTV H20 HD RECEIVER), new dish(SLIMLINE KAKU 5LNB DISH) and 2 filters and install and maybe a multi switch. I own my HR10-250 boat anchor, 1 year old paper weight.

101 For DirecTV basic programing packages, Locals, HBO, STARZ, CINAMAX, SHOWTIME, ect.

119 For DirecTV Jade World, Spanish Package, Some current HD CHANNELS.

110 For DirecTV Jade World, Spanish Packages, And some other Hd CHANNELS

99 For NEW DirecTV HD

103 For New DirecTV HD

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:19 pm

Lemon,

I have been a DirecTV customer for many years but I do not subscribe to their HD package. I use an OTA antenna to receive all my Local HD stations and have it plugged into my Sony HD300 satellite receiver.

The biggest reason that I have yet to subscribe to DirecTV HD is that it would render my $900 Sony HD300 receiver as useless as your current HR10-250. Also, DirecTV's local channels wouldn't give me all the locals I get now (and use).

I have been waiting for DirecTV to improve their HD coverage and now it makes me want to wait until they get rid of those black vertical stripes.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:23 am

lemoncadillac,

When I moved in November, DIRECTV told me about this and set me up with two H20s, filters and the 5 lnb dish so I would be ready when the channels became available. I also subscribe to the HD channels.

Have you considered adding an OTA HDTV antenna? I have, but I don't want anything additional on the roof. I have considered one of those antennas that clip to the dish itself, but I am afraid that I am too far way.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by lemoncadillac » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm

Toli

Look here

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28985&forum=57&keyword2=electronics

I started with the Trek antenna that attached to my dish, no good. 2nd was a small rotating antenna I bought on Ebay for $30?. It lasted about 1 year.

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by lemoncadillac » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:45 pm

Hi

So I caved. I have the new install scheduled for early Oct.
DIRECTV (H20 HD RECEIVER), New Dish(SLIMLINE KAKU 5LNB DISH). They are telling me all my locals are now included. DTV is giving me a new receiver, dish, service call, install and 1 year free HD programing all at no charge. Bitching has its privileges. The new satellite is scheduled to be up and running this week, 18th I think. I will update.

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:50 pm

Lemon,

Glad to hear that you were compensated by DirecTV in some way for the loss of your HR10-250. I realize that getting HD programming free for a year is an extra perk but if a long time customer like myself wanted to upgrade to HD service would DirecTV supply the HD receiver, the 5 LNB dish and free setup?

After you get it installed, I will be interested to see which local HD channels you get. One of the main reasons that I have stayed with OTA HD  is that the local HD channels that DirecTV offers me does NOT include all the HD channels I can receive using my OTA antenna including UPN which sometimes airs the White Sox (and always in HD).

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by lemoncadillac » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:47 am

jttar

"I realize that getting HD programming free for a year is an extra perk but if a long time customer like myself wanted to upgrade to HD service would DirecTV supply the HD receiver, the 5 LNB dish and free setup?"

Yes is the answer. When you call DTV answer the automated question what can I help you with? The answer is cancel my service. When you get a customer service rep. on the line, see what they will offer you to stay. If they do not offer you at least what I received, hang up call back the next day until you receive the answer you want.

Lemon
lemoncadillac
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Lemon,

Thanks for the reply. Very clever.
I suppose that a decent customer retention rep would be willing to offer these services and components to keep a valued customer aboard.

I will wait to see what local channels you get after your installation.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo