[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - SAT-HD300 Digital OTA problem

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:30 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SAT-HD300 Digital OTA problem

SAT-HD300 Digital OTA problem

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by abefroman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:44 pm

My HD300 has developed a strange problem. All of my analog OTA channels have static and I can't receive any Digital OTA channels. All were coming in fine a few weeks ago. Tried hooking my antenna directly up to my tv and the signal is fine. Reset the NVRAM on the HD300 and still no go. Any ideas on how to fix this?
abefroman
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:21 am

abefroman,

I don't have any experience with the OTA channels on the SAT-HD300 as I got all channels through DIRECTV, so I can't be of any help there. But if you don't find an answer and are interested in replacing your SAT-HD300 with another SAT-HD300 just let me know, as I have one for sale.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:40 pm

abefroman,

Greetings and welcome. Always good to see another Chi-Towner on the forum.

Obviously by connecting the antenna directly to the TV and having it work you have eliminated the possibility of the antenna or R6 cable being a problem. After resetting the NVRAM on the HD300 did you go into the setup menu and have it rescan for the OTA channels?

If all is well in the HD300's setup menu I would have to think that a problem in the OTA inputs or tuner of the satellite receiver has developed. If this is the situation you could just leave the antenna connected directly to the TV. The only problem with that is having to change inputs on the TV and also the OTA channels won't appear in the DirecTV guide. If you can live with that, I would suggest leaving at that.

The other choice would be to get an estimate of repairs from a dealer and compare that to what it would cost to replace the receiver with a used one like Toli has offered.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo