[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DIRECTV Plus HD DVR in black

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:40 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DIRECTV Plus HD DVR in black

DIRECTV Plus HD DVR in black

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:45 am

Has anyone here actually received the new DIRECTV Plus HD DVR in black? I have seen it in black on DIRECTV's website and also requested it, but I keep getting the run around from them.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SniperCane » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Uh oh..................is this DirecTV's Loch Ness Monster, or Big Foot?? Claim that it exsists, but no one has ever really seen it??

Sorry for your run around Toli. But don't be in a rush to get one. I'm going to be calling DTV tonight about mine. I don't think they have all the bugs worked out yet. Mine likes to freeze out the ability to change channels on you, and then refuses to take any commands at all, until you reset the machine.  I've already done that 3 times in the last week and a half.  As well as not liking manual channel input when in the XM tier of channels. What that could be about I have no idea.

So in short........maybe your wait for and HR20 isn't so bad after all.
SniperCane
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:59 pm

SniperCane,

Hopefully future firmware updates will correct the problems you are having. Each time I call DIRECTV I get a different answer. The last person said that the black version is all they got in with the last shipment of DVRs. It's getting hard to believe anything that they tell me, although I do really like the rest of the service. I am anxious to get my new HD DVR, but am still holding out, as long as it takes for a black model.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:20 pm

SniperCane,

Apparently, the HR20 does have some bugs still yet to be worked out by firmware updates. I stumbled accross THIS site last week, a forum to discuss the HR20 and the problems some are having. 

Toli,

It reminds me of the trouble some were having when we first bought our HD300's. They say things happen for a reason, maybe when you finally get the HR20 in black it will already have the firmware corrections. We can hope!

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SniperCane » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:00 pm

Thanks for the link jttar, I actually stumbled across that forum last night before calling DTV, and after reading about all the problems other people have been having, my minor issues don't seem so bad.   I decided to hold off on that phone call after that.

Think I'll wait for their national firmware upgrade, instead of tempting fate with any of the beta's they've released.

Sony:KDS-R50XBR1-SXRD, STR-DA7100ES, RDR-VX500, CDP-CE535 DirecTV:HR20 HD DVR Harmony: 880 Athena: AS-F2, AS-C1, AS-R1, AS-P400 Stuart's: Glass Toslink Monster: video intercon & pwr cond

SniperCane
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:15 pm

On 2007-01-18 23:20, jttar wrote:

Toli,

It reminds me of the trouble some were having when we first bought our HD300's. They say things happen for a reason, maybe when you finally get the HR20 in black it will already have the firmware corrections. We can hope!

Joe (aka BeastMaster)

Joe,

I definately remember that. But at least part of that time I still had the HD200, it gave me no problems until it did crap out and was replaced with the HD300, which I still have.

But as side note, I remember people saying the picture was much better on the H20 than on the SAT-HD300, I am not sure that it's any better. I love my HD300 but have retired it to the guest room and moved one of my H20s downstairs to the family room. I now have my local channels in HD, which I do like!

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jwilkes » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 pm

Has anyone actually seen this thing in person? I called DirecTV to get more info and was told NONE of the receivers are black, just silver. The customer service rep got kind of huffy when I told her there was a picture of it on the 'net. Can you post a link to that picture?
jwilkes
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:42 am

jwilkes,

The last rep that I talked to said that the last shipment of HD DVRs were all black. But I never know what to believe from these people. Although I do love DIRECTV and wouldn't switch, it seems to be a different line of BS each time I call.

The link that showed the HR20 in black, where I got the picture above, is here. Although they have removed that picture and the silver one is there again. But, if you go to that same page and view the interactive demo, it also shows the HR20 in black. I don't care if I have to reschedule my HD DVR installation 100 times, they will bring me a black HR20!

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jwilkes » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:51 pm

Same here Toli, it's black or forget it. It seems to be very difficult to find someone who really knows what's going on at DirecTV.
jwilkes
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:40 pm

I ran across this thread by accident while searching on the internet for an unrelated topic. I got my black DIRECTV DVR a couple of weeks ago, an HR21! Nice!  

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo