[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - LG LST-3510A OTA/QAM DIGITAL CABLE HDTV TUNER

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - LG LST-3510A OTA/QAM DIGITAL CABLE HDTV TUNER

LG LST-3510A OTA/QAM DIGITAL CABLE HDTV TUNER

This forum is geared towards Satellite Receiver and Sony Hard Disc Video Recorder

Moderator: jttar

by kerz » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:04 am

as a comment to luisandres58

I just connected up the 3510a (Christmas gift) and had the same experience...........the DVD jumped from scene to scene and moved to the end of the disk within 30 seconds.  Have you resolved your problem in some way, Luis, that you could pass on to me? I have a Sony All-in-One W500 computer with a 160G hard drive and a burner.  Using Giga Pocket we burned movies off our cable feed onto the HD and then burned them onto DVD's.  They played fine with our Sony DVD player but won't perform on the LG.  Anyone have any insights?  I also wonder what the Giga Pocket reults in.......420i, 1080i, when it is burning to the hard drive.  What output will it generate................420p ????
kerz
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Chadms » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:21 pm

For your 3510a you should do a google search for "lg5000.zip". Its a region crack for the LG 5000 series. but it works on the 3510a. Unzip the folder, burn it to a CD, put it in the player, and enter 0 on the screen from you remote, and it very well may solve your skipping issues. Best of Luck.
Chadms
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:36 pm

HERE is a link to the LG5000 firmware flash. Use it at your own risk and follow Chadms instructions.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by luisandres58 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:19 pm

I returned the 3510a. I bought the sony 975v instead and for the HD I have Time Warner's HD cable box.
luisandres58
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:03 pm

luisandres58,

Did the 975v eliminate the the dvd scene jumping and skipping that you were experiencing with your 3510a? I have heard nothing but good reviews on the 975v.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by luisandres58 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:03 pm

To JTTAR: The 975v has great picture. But after a couple of months it had somes probblems. Sent for repair. Go to the DVD forum and read the posting by Sondogg, page 4.
luisandres58
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Mafster » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:07 am

Hello!  I just ordered one of these units (not received yet) and have the feeling that the component out may be already modified to send out only 480p.  Is there any modification I can do to use the component out in the 1080i mode (older firmware)?  Or should I just buy a dvi-component accessory so I can use rgb cables out of the dvi port?    Also, any suggestions on a "good" a/b switch?  Thanks so much for all the great info!
Tom
Mafster
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by ajglass » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:21 am

I have just installed the LST-3510 beside my PC to output to a Samsung 213T. The monitor toggles easily between VGA (analog) and DVI (digital).

I've obviated the need to use a DVI switch with a VGA-to-VGA cable. I've found only one DVD (from Europe) that will not work with this setup, pleading copyright anti-copying issues and suggesting a component setup.

Incidentally, a component-to-VGA cable produced a green-only picture.

The 720p/RGB setup works quite well with OTA stations. I haven't figured out how to scan analog CATV yet, but most likely will stick with OTA-DT.

Nice.
ajglass
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by me_ben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:10 am

I also want to know about this DVI as In my manual of Acer LCD I am getting the facts that i can use both technologies DVI & VGA but I had not get any of cable with it to use as DVI & may i know what are the added advantages of DVI

me_ben
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:27 pm

On 2008-10-26 05:10, me_ben wrote:
I also want to know about this DVI as In my manual of Acer LCD I am getting the facts that i can use both technologies DVI & VGA but I had not get any of cable with it to use as DVI & may i know what are the added advantages of DVI

me_ben,

Greetings and Welcome!

I am not sure that  fully understand your question but if it is what is the difference between using VGA

and DVI
  you will get a better video picture using DVI. Also, VGA will not work for HiDef. For HD you will need 3 component cables using these outputs, DVI or HDMI.

If HD is not an issue your VGA will work but S-Video would be a step up. . Is this what you are asking?

Joe

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Previous

Return to Satellite Receiver/TiVo