[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony MHC-771 "No Disc" Error when trying to play CDs

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:27 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony MHC-771 "No Disc" Error when trying to play CDs

Sony MHC-771 "No Disc" Error when trying to play CDs

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with any other Sony product not listed in one of the other categories.

Moderator: jttar

by tomcat_fan » Sun Oct 07, 2001 11:06 am

Woohooooo!!! The Windex (TM) on the lens cleaner didn't work.

-Buuut-

I took the case thing off, and to my delight, found I only had to open the drawer to see the laser lens staring me in the face. It looked fine, but I sprayed a teeny bit of Windex on a Q-Tip, wiped it, and dryed it with the other end. I put the cleaning disc back in, and it started reading the tracks and counting the time without skipping! My faith in Sony has been restored! Must have been a really fluke thing for it to get dirty in the first place, but I guess it did.

The problem with the lens cleaner is that the brushes are located on the middle area of the disc. Since mine couldn't 99.9% of the time play anything, it wouldn't play the cleaning disc either, so the brushes wouldn't contact the lens. That's what I think at least. Thanks for your help claudio!

tomcat_fan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by claudio » Sun Oct 07, 2001 6:44 pm

No problem. The number one problem in opinion why the dvd player doesn't recognize or skips tracks is because the lens are dirty.

I recomend useing a dvd/cd cleaner every 6 months to keep it clean.

My cd cleaner cd has two brushes. I put a couple of drops on one of the brushes and leave the other one dry. And that usually works.

But I'm glad it work out for you.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Previous

Return to Other (Tape, Short Wave, Phono, etc.)