[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony ST S530ES tuner loosing channel

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:03 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony ST S530ES tuner loosing channel

Sony ST S530ES tuner loosing channel

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with any other Sony product not listed in one of the other categories.

Moderator: jttar

by Koen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:34 am

Hi all

I have a small problem, the ST S530es I have paired with the TA F670ES drops at times the right channel.

For all I know the tuner is the fault, as the amp has no problems with SACD(via toslink or analog) and the AppleTv (toslink or analog). Didn't try the tuner on a different input on the amp, but I don't believe the problem is in the amp.

I hope some of you smart folk can give me some insight? I'd rather listen first to your thoughts/advice before I bring it in for a service.

Cheers Koen
Koen
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by David_S » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:06 am

Faults of this type are often caused by a solder failure where the RCA connector is soldered to the circuit board.

The fault could be in the tuner or the amp.  Gentle wiggle the ends of the interconnect cable from the tuner to the amp.  The channel should cut in and out if this type of solder failure is the fault.

TA- N77ES, E77ES, E80ES, E9000ES
STR- GX10ES, DA4ES, DA5700ES
DVP- NS999ES
HAP-S1, MDS-JA20ES, ST-S730ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Other (Tape, Short Wave, Phono, etc.)