[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Which DAT (DIGITAL TAPE) DECK SHOULD I BUY???

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:33 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Which DAT (DIGITAL TAPE) DECK SHOULD I BUY???

Which DAT (DIGITAL TAPE) DECK SHOULD I BUY???

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with any other Sony product not listed in one of the other categories.

Moderator: jttar

by sterling1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:41 am

i understand the DTC-2000ES is remarkable. At the time I purchased my 2 PCM-7010F's with RM-D7200 dual remote, which is actually an automatic digital edit controller, the system was state of the art. As far as setting operating parameters from the menu goes, the system is still state of the art. I paid about $17,000 for the system. Today, I see these units going for about
$300.00. As professional equipment made for on-air broadcasting, they are difficult to integrate into a consumer system, but with a little effort, these units are ideal for recording material off the Internet which cannot be downloaded. To integrate my units I purchased a pair of M-Audio CO-2's which convert optical S/PDIF to IEC 958 and IEC 958 to optical.

sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mykyll2727 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:07 am

On 2012-07-14 06:41, sterling1 wrote:
i understand the DTC-2000ES is remarkable. At the time I purchased my 2 PCM-7010F's with RM-D7200 dual remote, which is actually an automatic digital edit controller, the system was state of the art. As far as setting operating parameters from the menu goes, the system is still state of the art. I paid about $17,000 for the system. Today, I see these units going for about
$300.00. As professional equipment made for on-air broadcasting, they are difficult to integrate into a consumer system, but with a little effort, these units are ideal for recording material off the Internet which cannot be downloaded. To integrate my units I purchased a pair of M-Audio CO-2's which convert optical S/PDIF to IEC 958 and IEC 958 to optical.

Thanks for the info!! That's good to know._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by soshs » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello,michalha
I am glad seeing this resolution as my PCM-7010 has exactly the same problem. But when I looked through the service manual I could not  find R102 on the SP(1) board and not even anywhere on the manual.
Could you please be more specific about what you did?

On 2011-06-12 04:19, michalha wrote:
Hello, Sterling1, sorry for my late answer. At the Sony service didn´t know where is the problem, so I was still googling and I have found this resolution:
Description: The PCM-7010 microprocessor IC557 on the SP(1) board detect the type of DIO option installed by monitoring the voltage at pin 49 (DIOPT). If noise is present in the DIOPT line the microprocessor may temporarily detect the wrong type of DIO board or that no dio board installed. If this occurs the mocroprocessor may try to use external word clock or internal clock instead of clock derived from an aes/ebu or spdif signal - this will cause noise on the digital input.
Resolution - install capacitor 1000pF in parallel with R102.
That´s all.
soshs
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by soshs » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:25 pm

On 2011-06-12 17:50, sterling1 wrote:

As I understand it you have fixed the 7010 per the bulletin you Googled, is that right? Regarding your new problem, I'd just go through the error code menu, that's all I know to do. BTW, about the only place I know of  where these machines can be serviced today is at Sony Professional Service Center in LA, CA. Good luck, and keep me posted.

Hello Sterling
Do you know where the R102 is on the service manual or in the machine? I appreciate if you can help.
soshs
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sterling1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:27 am

No, sorry; but, if you can tell me the error code coming up on your machine I can tell you what circuit board the error is originatig from.
sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by soshs » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:44 pm

On 2012-12-30 06:27, sterling1 wrote:
No, sorry; but, if you can tell me the error code coming up on your machine I can tell you what circuit board the error is originatig from.

Thank you for your reply.
There is no error shown after powering it up. The problem is exactly the same as Michalha's machine. That's why I am looking for the R102 he mentioned. We can download the service manual through googling. I am going to install a capacitor 1000pF in parallel with R102 as Michalha did,but I have not found the R102 on the manual. I found resistors from R103 on page 161(pdf file page 105). It's very appreciated if you can help I just got the machine used,and I am new to this kind of machine.
soshs
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sterling1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 am

I wish I could help you; but, it appears I can't. I hope you succeed. The PCM-7010 is simply awesome. In close to 30 years of recording professionally to produce radio commercials I have not experienced any post production unit which has been as satisfying as the 7010. From life like sound to functions, it is really outstanding in its class.
sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by soshs » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:02 pm

On 2012-12-31 06:14, sterling1 wrote:
I wish I could help you; but, it appears I can't. I hope you succeed. The PCM-7010 is simply awesome. In close to 30 years of recording professionally to produce radio commercials I have not experienced any post production unit which has been as satisfying as the 7010. From life like sound to functions, it is really outstanding in its class.

Could you help me on another issue?
I can adjust the input/output gain but I don't how to save the setting. When I restart the machine,the settings restored. I don't have a operator manual. Could you tell me how to save the setting? And if you have the pdf operator manual could you please send me a copy? My email is

soshs
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sterling1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 am

I do not know how to save the setting. It always resets as you have described.
sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by soshs » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 pm

I got help from Michalha and Problem solved.

soshs
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Other (Tape, Short Wave, Phono, etc.)