[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Which DAT (DIGITAL TAPE) DECK SHOULD I BUY???

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:23 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Which DAT (DIGITAL TAPE) DECK SHOULD I BUY???

Which DAT (DIGITAL TAPE) DECK SHOULD I BUY???

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with any other Sony product not listed in one of the other categories.

Moderator: jttar

by soshs » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 pm

On 2013-01-08 05:36, sterling1 wrote:

I do not know how to save the setting. It always resets as you have described.

Hi Sterling
I've got another new problem. My 7010 shows error 2-05. It appeared several days before when I powered it up but it got back to be functional once I restarted it. These two days it doesn't, what ever I restart it how many times.
I read the user manual,  It says "the data stored in the servo(SV) backup memory has been destroyed".
Do you know how can I fix it? The servo board looks like new.
Thanks
soshs
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sterling1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 am

Sorry, I can't help, I have not had the problem you have alluded to. I do hope you can get it fixed. There is a Sony professional repair center located in Los Angeles, CA USA which I have sent one of my units to for repair. For a flat rate of $890.00 they fixed everything, bringing the unit up to specs. Perhaps there's an equivalent outlet in your area. At any rate, I hope you can get your unit running again. I completely understand your frustration to have one of the most magnificent recording devices on the planet and not be able to enjoy it. If I can think of  anything to help you I will get back with you. Good luck.
sterling1
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by soshs » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:27 pm

On 2013-02-06 06:04, sterling1 wrote:

Sorry, I can't help, I have not had the problem you have alluded to. I do hope you can get it fixed. There is a Sony professional repair center located in Los Angeles, CA USA which I have sent one of my units to for repair. For a flat rate of $890.00 they fixed everything, bringing the unit up to specs. Perhaps there's an equivalent outlet in your area. At any rate, I hope you can get your unit running again. I completely understand your frustration to have one of the most magnificent recording devices on the planet and not be able to enjoy it. If I can think of  anything to help you I will get back with you. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply though.
soshs
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Sterling2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:01 pm

I thought I'd resurrect this thread. I've seen plenty of consumer and pro DAT recorders lately on eBay. Some of the deals seem too good to not indulge, like a low mileage $9000.00 Sony PCM-7040 for just a few hundred bucks. I know these machines are obsolete in this era of modern digital recording; but, there's nothing obsolete about the recording and playback outcomes, which is superb audio. If you have ever heard any of the Sony PCM 7000 series equipment you would agree that the audio produced sound as "live" as I believe it possible to reproduce it, even today. At any rate, I'm still enjoying my two PCM-7010's. They are the jewels of my home theatre system,
Sterling2
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to Other (Tape, Short Wave, Phono, etc.)