[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony CDP-997 CD player

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony CDP-997 CD player

Sony CDP-997 CD player

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by Porto » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi!

Who also own this fantastic playing CD player from the early 90'??

I own mine from late 1992 and it has been playing beautifully 'till earlier this week; the motorized pickup didn't go high enough to load the CD and it says No Disc in the display.
I opened up the unit and dismantled the CD tray, lubricated the wormwheel with silicone grease and now it's working perfectly again! :)
I also cleaned the lens with some IPA alcohol but that was just because I was fiddling inside the unit anyway.

I previously connected it via SP/DIF optical to my receiver but found the good old analog output sounded far better with some high quality cinch cables and gold plated plugs I had laying around. It's now connected to an 1999 build Sony STR-DB930 receiver and the sound is just crisp and clear... it's surely a keeper for me! :)

Porto
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

Return to MD/CD/SACD