[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Newbie, vintage SONY 80's & 90's lover, with basic questions, CDPs, PA, Amps

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Newbie, vintage SONY 80's & 90's lover, with basic questions, CDPs, PA, Amps

Newbie, vintage SONY 80's & 90's lover, with basic questions, CDPs, PA, Amps

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by bill184 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:43 pm

I'm a Newbie to the site. the basics: 2 channel guy, love the 80s and early 90s CDPs, Amps & PAs. 1) When I signed up, I listed some of my gear. if that is useful information, how does the list get attached to posts? I'm going to need some help navigating the site. my questions will likely be how to get the most out of these vintage amazing products.

2) I need a source for metric washerhead screws, the various grommets used on the cases and side panels, a source for side panels, belts.

3) advice on the proper cleaning of tray rails and then lubricating them. products, what needs to be lubed. links to some quality video demonstrating the practice would be great.

4) how do I find out about members in FL?

5) Does anyone know if the serial numbers on the units can be decoded to reveal the manufacture date, like most appliances?

I'll have lots more questions. I have taken lots of pictures of the guts of my units, if they might be fun or informative. I have a very specific question about co-ax vs optical vs rca. But, I think I start a new thread on that.

As I said, if someone wants to take me under their wing and lead me around for a while, I'm open to that. Thanks, Bill

PS. don't know anything about the smiles, codes etc. don't know if I want to either. just straight up! B
bill184
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to MD/CD/SACD