[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DVP CX995V

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:12 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DVP CX995V

Sony DVP CX995V

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by PeterPeter » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 pm

I have a Sony CD/DVD player that is a DVP-CX995V.  It is hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-821.   They are connected via a Monster wire  optical cable. The video connection is via HDMI. I've always been able to listen to both CD's, DVD-A's, and SACD's with this setup.  Recently, I took all the wire apart, dusted, organzied and labeled wires.  

The problem:  SACD's do not play now.  The 995 shows the disc selection, the time playing on the songs, it moves from songs to songs, but nothing comes out of the speakers.  When I play an SACD, the SA CD light glows as well as the Multi Channel light on the front of 995.

It does play both the CD and DVD-A's without problem.

Thanks for your help !
PeterPeter
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 am

The fact that the SA CD and Multi Channel lights come on indicates that the problem is not with the transport.  Doesn't your VSX-821 process the audio that comes over the HDMI connection?  I don't understand why you need both an HDMI connection and an optical connection.

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to MD/CD/SACD