[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - SCD-XA9000ES details

        Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:29 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SCD-XA9000ES details

SCD-XA9000ES details

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by AVsonyfan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:51 am

Hi,

I have been reading articles on AgoraQuest but never posted on here before... until now.  Did try to find the firmware updates for my KDL-L42MRX1 that it managed to miss from OTA updates...

Anyway, I was wondering if you very knowledgeable people would know in which countries the SCD-XA9000ES was sold in Black ?  Yes the venerable XA9000ES rather than the XA5400ES, which I would dearly love to obtain despite leaving things a little bit late!

Reason being is that I have a UK spec TA-DA9000ES in black which the SCD-XA9000ES would make an ideal pairing. I looked at the SCD-XA5400ES but for some bizarre reason Sony no longer fit it with a Firewire output, sulk.

Any one got any more details on where would be good to search for a Black XA9000ES? All the ones I have seen on AudioGoN are US 'Silver Cascade' versions...

Thanks in advance!
AVsonyfan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: UK

by jehill » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 am



Welcome to Agoraquest!  According to the service manual, the SCD-XA9000ES came in black, gold and silver and there were three versions: Taiwan model (110VAC 60Hz), US, Canadian models (120VAC, 60Hz) and AEP model (230VAC, 50/60Hz).  The AEP model came in at least two colors, one of which was silver.  That's all of the color information that I can glean from the service manual.
User avatar
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor
 
Posts: 14207
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Sewell, NJ

by AVsonyfan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 am



Wow, thank you for that information.  I really would love an AEP version of it in black although I have never seen one for sale, anywhere.  Surely someone must have bought one!

Thanks again!
AVsonyfan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: UK

by jeromelang » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:26 am


On 2013-04-10 14:58, AVsonyfan wrote:


Wow, thank you for that information.  I really would love an AEP version of it in black although I have never seen one for sale, anywhere.  Surely someone must have bought one!

Thanks again!



I got a black 230v version which I sold to a friend just last month.
I would have like to keep the black over the gold one, but my friend prefers it.....

The xa9000es sounds better with the iLink board power supply cable disconnected.

jeromelang
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Marketing Executive

by AVsonyfan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:13 am


On 2013-04-18 12:26, jeromelang wrote:

I got a black 230v version which I sold to a friend just last month.
I would have like to keep the black over the gold one, but my friend prefers it.....

The xa9000es sounds better with the iLink board power supply cable disconnected.





Drat, would have been interested in that for sure!

I thought the iLink connection was meant to be best way of connecting the TADA/SCD 9000ES components.... at least from the Sony literature?

AVsonyfan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: UK

by craigmclellan89 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:07 am

Have you had any luck on tracking one of these beasts down?
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: England, UK

by AVsonyfan » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:46 am


On 2013-05-24 10:07, craigmclellan89 wrote:
Have you had any luck on tracking one of these beasts down?


In a word, No.  They remain as elusive as ever...
AVsonyfan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: UK

by AVsonyfan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:55 pm


On 2013-04-09 15:00, jehill wrote:


Welcome to Agoraquest!  According to the service manual, the SCD-XA9000ES came in black, gold and silver and there were three versions: Taiwan model (110VAC 60Hz), US, Canadian models (120VAC, 60Hz) and AEP model (230VAC, 50/60Hz).  The AEP model came in at least two colors, one of which was silver.  That's all of the color information that I can glean from the service manual.



I have to report that after a long wait and many hours of searching that I do now have an SCD-XA9000ES!

Big thank you to jehill for the information provided which helped locate one  

Have to say the pairing of it and the TA-DA9000ES is something else!
AVsonyfan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: UK

by jehill » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:40 am



I am happy to have been of assistance!
User avatar
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor
 
Posts: 14207
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Sewell, NJ


Return to MD/CD/SACD