[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Control S, connectors and there cables (Woodsided ES serie components)

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:16 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Control S, connectors and there cables (Woodsided ES serie components)

Control S, connectors and there cables (Woodsided ES serie components)

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by HiFiDeLiGHT » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 am

Hi, Every one;

On the back of the ES serie components, at lease the woodsided serie, there is a connector ID: ''control s''. It's white, it has four pines, align in one row.

In some manual, they are described, as remote power connector... ( european model: TA-N80ES)

My point is: Can we still buy somewhere the four pins cable, to link our components, and then control the power on-off, of all of tem, by one of the remote in the 'control s' chained components.

These ''control S'' cables, where can we buy them?

Thank you!
HiFiDeLiGHT
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  You have to make up your own "control S" cables.  In the USA, an ordinary 1/8" phono plug may be used at each end of the cable.  I am not familiar the a 4 pin configuration that you described.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by HiFiDeLiGHT » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello, Jehill !

If I only knew how to post a picture, i'd be glad to show you the in and out connectors, on the back of my TA-E1000ESD, among other Sony ES unit, that I have.

I think it is not a US or Canada connector difference, I think the 4 pins connector was used before the 1/8'', for remote power on.

What make me say that, is that I have Sony unit, that have one or the other connector...and they are all North American components!

HiFiDeLiGHT
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Mr_Mod » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

the pitch of the pins is 0.1" you can use the molex 4 pin connectors and either crimp or solder the terminals. Failing finding those you can buy header sockets that should work as well, not sure of who component suppliers are in Canada or USA. I can take a pic of the cable if you like.
Mr_Mod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:25 pm

On 2012-06-08 02:53, HiFiDeLiGHT wrote:
Hello, Jehill !

If I only knew how to post a picture, i'd be glad to show you the in and out connectors, on the back of my TA-E1000ESD, among other Sony ES unit, that I have.

Posting pictures here is not that difficult. Look HERE

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to MD/CD/SACD