[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - 1989 608ESD PICS

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:00 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - 1989 608ESD PICS

1989 608ESD PICS

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by scott1019 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:24 am

Have you had the chance to compare your modded 608ESD to your stock X7ESD?
scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Johnnycanso » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:46 pm

scott1019:

the 608ESD & the X7ESD are two totally different beasts! I find the 608 to have that more vintage laid back analog sound, very lush trebles & airy mids. The X7 has that 'heavy weight" sound! Every section top to bottom sounds more full & open but super clear. Biggest difference been the "meaty" but very clean bottom-end, qualities that aren't quite there on the 608ESD, even with the mods.
My 608ESD is my everyday player...the player owes me nothing & haven't had a single issue with it since purchased from the original owner, that ironically said it had a skipping issue . I really dig the sound of that player for all types of music....guess i have an analog ear n that aspect.
I usually save the X7 for more intimate times when i can really sit back & take it all in over a nicely brewed & chilled brew!

....this reminds me that i have to upgrade the power cord & plug on the X7 real soon!!!

Johnnycanso
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Johnnycanso » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Hey Sony ES junkies:

was just thinking that alot of our TOTL Sony ES gear will be or all ready has pushed 25 yrs of use & has brought great music & listening reward into our lives!!
 Just curious how many of us still have our lush ES players still in use & goin strong after all this time???
 Must admit i"m still blown away by my 608ESD that i picked up for mere marbles...its been goin strong & had never let me down! The player owes me nothin!!!
Johnnycanso
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Previous

Return to MD/CD/SACD