[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - XA5400ES transport making noise

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:01 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - XA5400ES transport making noise

XA5400ES transport making noise

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by bbeacham » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 pm

My XA5400ES has been a great SACD player for almost 3 years.  However, now it makes a fluttering noise as it spins discs.  Some are almost silent.  Others are very obvious in quiet passages.  After searching the Internet, others are also having this problem.  Even more interesting is Sony Laredo service center is blowing them off, and not fixing the issue.  This is deja vu for me since around 5-7 years ago I had the same issue with Laredo not fixing my 3100ES DVD/SACD player.  As one person also noted, they shipped the unit to Laredo in the original packaging, and received it back in a flimsy box, with no problem found.  That is the same thing they did to me.  At least they could return the gear in the original packaging.

Just a heads up to XA5400ES owners in the states.  Watch out.

While I love SACD, I am now putting my CDs on a music server.  That fixes the transport noise for CDs.  However, now I need to get high-res files to complement the SACDs.

bbeacham
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by SonyCIS » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 pm

hi sorry to hear the sacd is acting up/..take her apart, try to clean motor out ..use  tuner cleaner,,or non ozone  electric motor cleaner blow the dust and crap out of  spindle unit/ motor  . dont touch lens , and protect it when spraying , clean motor away from unit!!!\\\ or order new motor..
SonyCIS
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by mhedges » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:12 am

On 2011-09-16 01:20, bbeacham wrote:
Even more interesting is Sony Laredo service center is blowing them off, and not fixing the issue.  This is deja vu for me since around 5-7 years ago I had the same issue with Laredo not fixing my 3100ES DVD/SACD player.

Yep Sony Laredo didn't fix my SCD-C555ES, also.  I should have been more aggressive with them in trying to get my money back but I wasn't.  Ultimately I sold the unit at a huge loss, just to get it out of my sight.

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to MD/CD/SACD