[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - AVD-C70ES optical block???

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:13 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - AVD-C70ES optical block???

AVD-C70ES optical block???

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by kpodolski » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Came across a AVD-C70ES that does not read any discs.  I was trying to figure out the model/part number of the optical block.  I tore the unit down to the optical block which had some Sony part number but an internet search came up empty.

Soooooo, I was wondering if anyone here has replaced an optical block in this unit and if so do you have the part number for a new one?  

I guess I should ask if it is even worth messing with this thing?  The amp and tuner work fine.....

Here's a pix of the block....

kpodolski
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 am

I just happen to have the AVD-C70ES service manual, since I own an AVD-C70ES.  It appears that the part that you are looking for is as follows:

Ref. No.    Part No.               Description

351          1-477-263-11      PICK-UP UNIT (TDP022W)

You may purchase the replacement part (A4713410A) for $103.01 at https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ecom/accessories/web/index.jsp.  Use the Part Number search to locate it.

Have you tried all types of discs, CD SACD, DVD?  Once I tried playing a DVD to no avail.  I then tried all DVDs that I had and finally found one that worked.  I then tried the other DVDs again and they worked.  It seems that the unit features an auto calibration routine, because the unit corrected the problem itself.

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by kpodolski » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:28 am

Thanks for the info.  It's just what I needed.

The unit will not play any disc (CD,DVD, SACD).  Just keeps saying "reading".

What is with the semi-transparent cover that slides over the lens?  Is it there to protect the lens?  A dust cover?  Never seen anything like that before....
kpodolski
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to MD/CD/SACD