[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - CDP-CX450 problem solved!! But why?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:19 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - CDP-CX450 problem solved!! But why?

CDP-CX450 problem solved!! But why?

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by kirton » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:58 am

Greetings one and all!!

I have, over the years built up a fairly decent array of CD Megachangers with amps; external device servers; SAVR3; volume mderator and Panther Studios Home jukebox on a PC.

For the most part it works rather well and I am pleased with it, But............
recently a CDP-CX450 has taken to swinging its CD table to and fro in a rather mindless way.
Even a trip to the engineer only resulted in it working normally for two days after its return.

I have found, however, that if I unplug it from the power socket at night time it works just fine the next day.  I have done this now for a week and all is fine.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!

Any suggestions?

Kirton   
kirton
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:30 am

Apparently, something has changed that can only be resolved by re-booting the player, which is what you are accomplishing by turning the unit off at night and back on in the morning.  I doubt that anyone here can tell you what changed.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by kirton » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:09 am

I can understand that Jehill but if I just switch off the power socket the problem comes back.

I must physically unplug the unit and THAT is what I cannot fathom!!

Kirton
kirton
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by gwbishop » Wed May 18, 2011 8:03 am

Generally most Sony items when unplugged for over 15 minutes will revert to factory settings.

The only thing coming to mid is a possible heat issue which is pretty unusual for cd player .
Do you have anything directly on the unit? I had 1 mega changer that acted strange if anything sat on top of the unit.
Try that - if no change check to see if it is level
Good Luck!
gwbishop
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to MD/CD/SACD