[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Lampizator mods

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:13 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Lampizator mods

Lampizator mods

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by scott1019 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:57 am

I have been researching this site and I am quite skeptical.  From what I can gather all this person is doing is removing the output section after the DAC and before the RCA connections and replacing it with a tube.  There are people also doing the same thing with transformers and eliminating the output circuitry.  How much interference can there be after the DAC?  And wouldn't this completely compromise the original design of the player?

http://www.lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/Lampizator.html
scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:30 am

It looks like the author spent a fair amount of time on this project (other than the schematics).  However, I find the following "Disclaimer" amusing:

"If you do not like the sound - please blame yourself for being so naive".

Check out the following thread for the photo of the ModWright NS9100ES.  Note that it is converted to provide vacuum tube outputs, so it must be true that vacuum tube output stages can improve the sound.

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35409&forum=51

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by scott1019 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:22 am

I seen this, I am NOT skeptical about Modwright. He mods more modern players with more sophisticated DACs. I AM skeptical about the Lampizator. If you notice most of his modded players use late 80's DAC chips. The technology has surely gotten better. Hasn't it? Or am I missing something?

scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:51 pm

My point was that the Modwright also uses tubes.  Personally, I would stay away from the Lampizator.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by scott1019 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:12 pm

I am going to. . my SACDmods NC555ES is remarkable!
scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to MD/CD/SACD