[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - SS-M7 driver question?...

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:51 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SS-M7 driver question?...

SS-M7 driver question?...

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by kpodolski » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:16 am

Any other M7 owners out there?  I like to check the driver screws and terminal leads every now and then but for the life of me I cannot remove the mid range driver.  I'm not sure if it's just the driver that pops out or the driver and the ring?  

I don't want to damage the cabinet getting the driver out.

Here's a picture...

kpodolski
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by mhedges » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:34 am

Hey Ken,

I have a pair of M7s but have never tried to remove the drivers. Sorry I can't answer your question.

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by kpodolski » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm

On 2011-03-08 13:34, mhedges wrote:
Hey Ken,

I have a pair of M7s but have never tried to remove the drivers.  Sorry I can't answer your question.

Mark

That's cool.  

Which version do you have?  There was the M7 & the M7A.  I have the M7...
kpodolski
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jeromelang » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:31 am

On 2011-03-08 10:16, kpodolski wrote:
Any other M7 owners out there?  I like to check the driver screws and terminal leads every now and then but for the life of me I cannot remove the mid range driver.  I'm not sure if it's just the driver that pops out or the driver and the ring?  

I don't want to damage the cabinet getting the driver out.

the mid range units will pop out (by gravity) once the 4 alan screws are unscrewed.

according to the designer, daniel anagnos, the alan screws were tightened according to a pre-determined torque. and then some "hardening" solution was applied to each of them to lock them in place.

when the mid-range units are being mounted again, there is every chance that the alan screws could be tighened too much, thereby causing the mid range units to alter their characteristics, and impaling frequency integration problems.

that's what happened to my SS-M7 and M9EDs.

too loose, and the units are no longer moving in perfect pistonic action...

so don't remove the mid-range units unless you need to replace them.

jeromelang
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to MD/CD/SACD