[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - The CDP-XA50ES - a good choice?

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:50 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - The CDP-XA50ES - a good choice?

The CDP-XA50ES - a good choice?

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by TMC » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 am

Hi,

I have had both CDP-X77ES, CDP-X707ES and have now the CDP-X55ES which is just great!

But... if I would buy another CD-player from the ES-series and choose something newer instead of one of the models I´ve already have own, what should I focus on then, is the CDP-XA50ES a good choice?

(It must be availible in black so I can put wooden panels on...

I won´t buy another CDP-X77ES since it is just a matter of gamble since the PU is impossible to get if it needs replace... but I´m aware of that it is a lovely model!
TMC
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by sonyeslover » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 pm

The CDP-X77ES I had was the best CD player I heard and preferred it's DA section to the modern 24/192 PS Audio DLIII DAC I had. In fact my ES collecting started with a CDP-X55ES back in 1990. That said, I have heard good things about the CDP-XA7ES, which is the one I would love to try. I would also like to try a CDP-X7ESD, which is older, but still used the older multibit converters. Of course lasers are always the problem.
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mhedges » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:31 am

I really like my XA7ES.  Are you sure pickups are available for the XA50ES?

Mark

mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to MD/CD/SACD