[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Mega Changer Jukebox Hardware

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Mega Changer Jukebox Hardware

Mega Changer Jukebox Hardware

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by mksheehan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:51 am

I have 3 Sony CD Mega Changers, 2 400 & 1 300 and a PC I can dedicate.  What hardware should I buy, Slink-e, SAVR3, or something else?  What software should I use, Nirvis free Slink-e download, McCain proprietary software, or something else.  I'm leaning towards SAVR3 because it is still supported.  The Nirvis stuff would be used and the company no longer exists, though they do reply to emails.
mksheehan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by gwbishop » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Hey
I remember looking at that Hw when I was putting together my system ~10 years ago and really couldn't justify the time & cost.
Isn't it just a GUi that allows you to click on album art to play a CD?
I found the biggest improvement writing text with all the songs and artist on each CD and grouping them by Genre. Pretty quick to find anything but not nearly as cool I admit> I have 2 400 & a 300 DVD/SACD to have all my SACDs in and it never takes very long. Does it do anything else?
I believe my conclusion was it was really great for HUGE systems

If they added any features let me know, I might change my mind
gwbishop
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by mksheehan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:27 am

Not that I'm lazy, but typing in 10,000 tracks might take a while.  I'd rather a program do it.  The only supported systems seem to be McCain and SAVR3.  Slink-e is out there via eBay and web-forum support, but nothing direct.
mksheehan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by gwbishop » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 pm

I don't type anything in on mine. I burn a duplicate for my changer with text on it which the changer reads. I then have the original I can use in my car.
It is very legal and most burning software can write text on the cd.

You can also double up to short albums, I have at least 2000 cds in my changers that hold 800 total and still have empty slots.

One note - Generally the SW has spaces for artist & title. Don't put anything in the 'title' put both artist & title in the 'artist' box
If you do it that way and look for something you will see "The Who - Best of"
The other way you will only see "Best of"

Just a thought - I found it way better than buying anything extra and blank CDs are cheap
Grant
gwbishop
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by adl_agora » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 am

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect 3 CX455's to my PC and i was looking at the SAVR3/Music Library Solution for a while. Unfortunately Dr. McCain (creator of Music Library) passed away and it seems nobody took over the business. Is there any other SW/HW combination that you know of to connect CX455's to a pc, build playlists, etc? I would also buy a used copy of Music Library if someone is interested in selling it at a reasonable price.

Thanks folks...
Adrian
adl_agora
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by kirton » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 am

Happy New Year,

I use Home Juke Box from Panther Studios. I find it very good. Dean is in the process of upgrading it to Windows 8. Visit the Yahoo group called Panther Studios for help.

Kirton
kirton
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by markjosol » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:46 pm

no longer exists, though they do reply to emails.

Read more

Sony Fan

by kirton » Mon May 05, 2014 6:18 am

My SAVR 3 is ageing and will need replacing at some time. Does anyone know of a replacement interface device out there?
kirton
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by blasterdaddy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Unfortunately with the age of our equipment, these companies are going out of business because of new technology.

I would recommend trying Ebay (I looked no SAVR 3s are out there. The other option would be to convert over to the Slink-e that was manufactured by Nirvis (who is also out of business), but has an active yahoo groups, (not that active, but the CDJ software used to control Slink-e is available for download via its members). But then you would have to purchase a Slink-e either via ebay or if a member of the Yahoo groups sells one, which is happening more and more.

The other option would be to rip the CDs to a PC, I started this process, but I have 3 400 disc changers, so 1200+ CDs, Its a very monotonous process, takes forever, and the results were not that good. The CDs played perfectly good in the changers but at least 40percent of the ripping failed, swapped out CDROM drive with similar results, so I gave up.

I purchased a second Slink-e so I have a backup. If you go this route, do research, some Slink-es only have the IR module installed not the Control ports for the Sony Changers.

Robert
blasterdaddy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to MD/CD/SACD