[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - My new (to me) XA7ES

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:31 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My new (to me) XA7ES

My new (to me) XA7ES

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by mhedges » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:03 am

I have been wanting to try out the XA7ES player for a while now and when a local unit came up on Craigslist I couldn't pass it up.  Price was reasonable (but not a steal) and the seller said it was in mint condition with very little use (100 hours max).  Evidently it was in a bonus AV room that basically just got used for video games and the audio gear was ignored.

I picked it up yesterday and it truly is in near mint condition.  There are a few fingerprints here and there that I am sure I could get off but no scratches or anything.  Of course, there is no way to check the number of hours on it but the seller seemed like a straight up guy.

I have only played a few CDs on it so far but it sounds great.  It was able to handle a burnt CD of mine that gives almost every player fits.  The transport is absolutely silent and the smooth opening and closing of the tray is really cool.

Anyway here are some pics.  I will follow up later with my listening evaluation after I get more time.

Mark

mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by nightmare » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:27 am

Nice find--especially in that condition.

I look forward to reading your evaluation on it since I'd like to eventually get one of these beasts.
nightmare
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by dontsleep33 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:30 pm

W@ow! Lucky you.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello Mark,

Congrats on your "new" XA7ES player. Thanks for taking the time to take and share your pictures with us. They really show the pristine condition of the player.
I hope that you will post a review of your XA7ES after you have some time to give it some dedicated listening time.
I wish you many years of problem free service and many hours of listening enjoyment.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by JAFant » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:17 pm

A really beaufitul CD Player!
JAFant
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by mhedges » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Thought I would follow up with a review. In a word, I would say this unit is awesome. The sound is detailed with great bass and very nice vocals. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a forcefull sound with real presence and weight. If you like a really mellow laid back sound then this unit is not for you.

Operationally it has been almost perfect. The only time I had an issue with playback was on a ridiculously scratched disc that I bought from a dishonest Amazon marketplace seller. Other than that it had been flawless.

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by sonyeslover » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Congrats! Did the player come with the coaxial terminator? Or was that added by you? Nice machine, I had a CDP-XA3ES and it sounded good, so I could only imagine what this one might sound like!
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mhedges » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks! The digital terminator is an add on that I had bought for my old player. I don't think the XA7ES really has any need for it since you can turn the digital out off but I stuck it on so I wouldn't lose it.

Mark
mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to MD/CD/SACD