[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Help With CDP-X707ES Cd Player

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:21 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Help With CDP-X707ES Cd Player

Help With CDP-X707ES Cd Player

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony MD/CD/SACD.

Moderator: jttar

by bradster56 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:44 am

Appreciate the good info guys...I have 2 older Powerwedges (Model 112 &113) that are terminated with Hubbell heavy duty plugs...All my equipment is plugged into these units which is then plugged into the PS Audio receptacle which is on a dedicated AC line for my equipment. I'll check out the Furutech plug as i assume that change is 1st in the upgrade queue. Isn't there someone out there that just loves tweaking these units as a hobby and would be willing to replace some electrical components (supplied of course) for little or no compensation?   
bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Wed May 30, 2007 7:46 pm

On 2007-05-30 07:44, bradster56 wrote: Isn't there someone out there that just loves tweaking these units as a hobby and would be willing to replace some electrical components (supplied of course) for little or no compensation?

Brad- I know several people who met this description 10-15 years ago, but they have long since quit their day jobs and stsrted their own Audio equipment Design/Modification businesses.

You will find that one of the most significant differences between the Hubble plugs and the Furutech plugs is that Furutech uses highly conductive Pure Copper for their blades which gives them a distinct advantage when it comes to conducting power.

I have a couple of questions about your Powerwedge 112 and 113. First, are they the standard or Ultra models and second do they offer Balanced Power like the 116 Ultra does?

~Maxx~

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

ºCLICK ON PIC FOR PiPº

www.dabsoflight.com

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by bradster56 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:38 pm

Just standard models purchased in 1993..i tend to hold onto my equipment purchases Pair of Bryston 7B's also purchased in 1993...seemed to have been a very good year  
bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by bradster56 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:11 am

Oh Boy...Now it's taking several tries for a disc to load and play...me thinks the laser might be on it's last legs...I fear i may soon own a very heavy paperweight of ancient audio equipment...is that a correct assumption?

bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:00 pm

Have you tried finding out whether or not it can be repaired?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by bradster56 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:04 pm

No that's why i'm here i wouldn't trust anyone locally to work on this player...I'm in Daytona Beach not New York unfortunately.
bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by bradster56 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:52 am

Sad to say the unit won't load a CD so it's pretty much useless since parts are unavailable (assuming new parts are needed to get this player up and running) It looks like i'll be putting up for auction on eBay "for parts" Unfortunate end for this wonderful player that still looks like it just came from the factory    
bradster56
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 am

bradster56- Before you sell your CDP X707ES for parts on eBay you might send RickeyM a PM and see if he might be interested in it.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:55 pm

Sorry, I'm up to my eyes in "projects" at the moment.

I wonder if you can substitute the pick-up from another model in there?
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:06 pm

Sony CDP X707ES

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to MD/CD/SACD