[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My DA-4ES Is Sporadically Popping

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:06 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My DA-4ES Is Sporadically Popping

My DA-4ES Is Sporadically Popping

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables.

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:21 am

Skytrooper- What an advantage it is to have your house wired with Ethernet cable! I asked about associated equipment because some people have Music streamers in different rooms about their house. As for me I only have one room in the house that has been acoustically treated with professional quality Auralex Studiofoam and so that is where I have my Music playback System set up.

Auralex Pyramid Studiofoam_F.jpg
Auralex Pyramid Studiofoam_F.jpg (197.49 KiB) Viewed 19330 times

The equipment in my Audio system has remained pretty much the same for quite a while that is up until last month when I upgraded my Music player to a new 3.0 GHz Core i7 Mac Mini with 16GB of RAM and a 256GB PCIe based SSD pulling Music files from a 1TB Samsung 850 PRO SSD housed in a Delock enclosure using JRiver Media Center. I really didn't expect that the sound quality of the Music playback would be any different because computer based Music playback takes so little resources, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my Audio system now sounds noticeably better than when I was using the much lower spec'd entry level Mac Mini. Best of all since I have the Mini directly connected to a SOtM USB bridge over 1M of Moon Audio Silver Dragon pure OCC Silver USB cable I can then send S/PDIF to either my all Digital Wadia 151 or my classic Sony DB930 Receiver.

CA System_.jpg
CA System_.jpg (151.75 KiB) Viewed 19330 times

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Skytrooper » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:23 am

Well, my old Akai receiver (early 70's) that I used to replace my DA4(also acting up) in my garage is also starting to act up. When moving the receivers around, damn that DA4 is heavy. Great build quality. Protector keeps kicking in. Just gotta get off my lazy butt and get that DA4 going again.
Skytrooper
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jttar » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm

Hey Skytrooper! I recently took down my DA7 off the stand to give it a much needed cleaning. I swear that thing put ON some weight, LOL. I know you already know the drill of what to start checking on your DA4. Hopefully, you find something quick and inexpensive to fix. Our 13 year old receivers have served us good.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:36 am

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello Maxx!

Shhhh, don't ask too loud, LOL. Since having it repaired several years ago, (surface mount resistors), it has run 24/7 without so much as a hiccup. The only thing that I have done to it is breaking it down occasionally and giving it a good cleaning inside and out. I'm still using Caig's DeoxIT Gold that you recommended to me many years ago. :D I haven't thought about it and forgot that it IS 20 years old. In this day of disposable electronics it is a tribute to the quality of Sony products of back then. Thanks for asking my friend.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Man, I never noticed that "Beast Mode" switch before. :shock: Appreciated.
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Skytrooper » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Sweet looking amp.

Back to my DA4. I'll probably take a look at it after the holidays when it's cold and I'm bored. No hurry now.
Skytrooper
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:03 am

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by The-Ish316 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Well, Maxx, I am sorry to say thing suddenly turned for the worse for the 4ES. See this .

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables