[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Do Sony Remotes stored forget codes?

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:59 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Do Sony Remotes stored forget codes?

Do Sony Remotes stored forget codes?

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by TerryAgain » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:45 am

Hi All I have a Sony DVD player that I bought used and I kept the remote without batteries for like a year or more and now I have gone to try to use it I find it no worky!! I wonder if this is a messed up remote or just a minor problem to be fixed with new code IF I could get the code? Can anyone help me out?
                                Have a Happy Christmas,
                                          Terry
TerryAgain
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:57 pm

No code is required if the remote is the one that came in the same box as the DVD player when it was new. If it's another remote, yes, a code is required. The code required should be in the instructions for the remote.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by TerryAgain » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:09 am

WELL that RMT-D130A remote is supposed to come with the DVP-NC600 I have and they came together when I bought them used from a store. So some thing is buggered! I wonder IF I could get the code for the DVP-NC600 to teach this RM-LJ302 remote I use to control the receiver the DVD player is hooked into??
                I thank you for your help!!  

TerryAgain
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Sure! Just look up the code(s) for a Sony DVD player in the Operating Instructions for the receiver and try them.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by TerryAgain » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:27 am

That's a problem I bought these pieces used and no operating instructions just PDFs I could get from Sony Support and I see no codes listed? I'll have to keep looking there and online searches IF anyone has a STR-DE845 Receiver they  bought new and still have the book to it could you pipe in with the DVD player codes? I have a PDF of the instructions for the receiver and I don't see any codes listed in it though I'll keep looking?
                              Thanks for your help can you help further?

TerryAgain
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:26 am

According to the STR-DE845 service manual, the original remote is the RM-LP204. You are right, there is no mention of codes to control other components with the RM-LP204 remote. There would be buttons at the top of the remote to control other components if codes were available.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by TerryAgain » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:01 am

That's what I figured would happen just my luck with sony remotes so far!! I shall have to see IF any RMT-D130A remotes can still be bought at a price I can afford? Or Just learn to load only CDs I like and learn to like every song so I don't really need a remote and I don't use the DVD player to play DVDs only CDs! I can get up and walk to the stereo to turn it on as I do when I play LPs so it's my exercise of the day!! Besides Jumping to Conclusions!! I get exercise.
                                             Thanks for your help Jehill!!

TerryAgain
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:24 am

Another alternative is to obtain a Sony universal remote. By default they are set up to control Sony components. I used a Sony RM-AV3000 until the volume keys no longer functioned. Then, I switched to an RM-AV3100 that my son was no longer using. Both of these remotes have a learn function so that the commands on other remotes my be learned. The following Sony components my be controlled: TV, STB, VCR, DVD, CD, AMP, TAPE, CABLE, DVR, LD, DAT. As you can see, they are very flexible remotes. I always used STB for my cable box or DVR. Unfortunately, neither remote works properly when I learn the codes for my new Comcast X1 DVR, so now I have to use an additional remote, a bummer. You might try checking e-bay for RM-AV3000 or RM-AV3100 remotes.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by TerryAgain » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:50 pm

I couldn't give up trying to see IF the remote would work? I had new batteries in it and I noticed there was the headphone cord hanging in the front on the DVD unit and I cleared  it out of the way in case it stopped remote signals? And I found the Player has to be turned on by hand and then one is free to use the remote to turn off to stand by and on but never shut the unit really off!! That's what I've found out so far though I have been wrong before in the past!!
                                                       We shall see?

TerryAgain
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:37 am

I know that it is normal for the remote to not work until a receiver is turned on, but I have not heard of a DVD player where that was the case.  Good work!  You solved your problem!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to DVD