[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Some people...

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:58 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Some people...

Some people...

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by RickeyM » Tue May 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Got a guy over on the Sony ES page on Facebook who's tryin' to tell me that the Sony DVP-S7000 is a substandard CD player because they're not built as heavy as some of the older ES class CD players. His prime reasoning is that if they were any good, they'd be selling for more than $30-$50 on ebay. Poor guy never heard of the concept of an item flying under the radar or of something being a sleeper. A quote from one of his 10 posts on Agoraquest.
"The more sensitive speaker is, the better it reproduces the quiet passages, but it will be easily overloaded by loud music. ".
Last edited by RickeyM on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

RickeyM_You do realise, that there are some people who know everything about everything even if nobody else does. Don't you?

BTW don't feel bad. My SS-K90EDs are total crap because when I bought mine they were selling for $99.99 NIB. I was crying all the way to the bank. What's worse after 8yrs I stll have them. I'm sooooo stupid!!!  Don't you think?_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Tue May 15, 2012 9:09 pm

On 2012-05-15 22:49, RickeyM wrote:
Got a guy over on the Sony ES page on Facebook who's tryin' to tell me that the Sony DVP-S700 is a substandard CD player because they're not built as heavy as some of the older ES class CD players.

People who judge how good a Player is by its weight have no idea what they're talking about! I've read too many reviews praising the DVP-S7000 to doubt its quality. The Sony Player that really got slammed though was the DVP-S7700 because the DVP S-7000 was such a tough act to follow!

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Wed May 16, 2012 1:47 am

On 2012-05-15 22:49, RickeyM wrote:
."The more sensitive speaker is, the better it reproduces the quiet passages, but it will be easily overloaded by loud music. ".

This is pretty serious stuff. Someone should tell the makers of pro audio speakers about this. Especially those that use horns like Klipsch and JBL. Those dummies have been doing it for DECADES and still don't know any better. And what's more so MANY pro venues use them. Sure are alot of dumb folks out there and the joke's on them.
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jeromelang » Fri May 18, 2012 6:04 am

The DVP-S7000 is really a very nice sounding cd player.

It can be made even better with some settings change:

DRC default setting STANDARD => change to WIDERANGE
Disc resume => change to OFF

There is also a special method of cueing up a track to play that makes it sound dramatically better than by using the conventional way.

jeromelang
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by RickeyM » Mon May 21, 2012 7:36 am

Same guy just tried to tell me that I think the 'S7000 sounds better because I'm listening to the "digital artifacts" and mistaking them better sound.   

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm

On 2012-05-21 11:36, RickeyM wrote:
Same guy just tried to tell me that I think the 'S7000 sounds better because I'm listening to the "digital artifacts" and mistaking them better sound.   

Well at least he didn't tell you they were voices in your head and they were coming from Mars.  Or did he?_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Reinhart » Mon May 21, 2012 9:35 pm

On 2012-05-16 00:28, mykyll2727 wrote:

BTW don't feel bad. My SS-K90EDs are total crap because when I bought mine they were selling for $99.99 NIB. I was crying all the way to the bank. What's worse after 8yrs I stll have them. I'm sooooo stupid!!!  Don't you think?_mykl

I wish I could have been that stupid when presented with that kind of offer.  
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by RickeyM » Tue May 22, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm not going to argue with the guy. In this case, it's more a case of I'm disagreeing with his opinion rather than who's right or wrong. After all, it's people like him that keep the resale prices of 'S7000's & 'S7700's low

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:46 am

On 2012-05-22 01:35, Reinhart wrote:

I wish I could have been that stupid when presented with that kind of offer.  

I ended up with ten altogether for about the same price of a pair at MSRP. I'm not complaining at all.

Another member took advantage of the same closeout pricing too. He ended up with 22 the last I heard. _mykl

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Next

Return to DVD