[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DVD recorder recommendation

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:49 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DVD recorder recommendation

DVD recorder recommendation

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by scott1019 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:53 pm

I am wanting to get a nice DVD recorder which will not only easily allow me to record my old VHS tapes, but also record shows off my DVR.   Is there a device which would allow me to do this on my PC without first transferring the content to a DVD?   If so, what would I need?   Eventually I want to send everything to a NAS, but for now I want to preserve my collection..  Thanks in advance!
scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by NiteHawk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:55 am

I've been using an ATI TV Wonder tuner card for years to capture analog TV and VCR tape footage to the hard drive on my computer. Search pc tv tuner cards to get an idea of whats out there.

NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 am

What model DVR are you using?  Whatever it is, Google "recording from ..." and see what you come up with.  Its unlikely that cable providers are prepared to tell you how to do so.  I didn't know how when I worked at Comcast.  If you are lucky, you can do it via the USB jack usually provided.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by scott1019 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 am

Its a DirectTV DVR. Its really tricky to get any information off of it.

Is there something that has Component Video IN? My receiver converts all my signals to component and then outputs via Component. I got the audio side of this covered.. Thanks in advance!
scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Watsoncurtees » Thu May 24, 2012 5:33 am

DVD Recorder are use of TV tuner card install in Mother board and run the software exe file. Then you can watch TV in computer and also get more benefit 2in 1 computer and tv also.
Watsoncurtees
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by JohnHassen » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Hello Community,

A large number of LCD TVs every year and specialize in understanding the recurring strengths and weaknesses of LCD TV manufacturers. Though we have not tested each and every model, we feel comfortable in recommending these models based on our experience and the quality/price analysis. Our Best of LCD TV list is compromised of our editors choice recommendations from each size category of LCD Televisions.

1. Samsung UN55ES6580: Though the ES6500 will undoubtedly be the more popular unit. The ES6580 offers more value by way of four free pairs of 3D glasses and a Skype camera. This is a feature laden value model, that does not have the best picture available but delivers a solid one. It also eschews a lot of fancy features that ultimately delivery little value.

2. LG 55LM7600: It is not too inexpensive at $1899 but this TV has tons of features and a great picture from a clear coat screen with almost no bezel frame. Although the 55LM7600 does not have the premium LED back lighting package with local dimming, 3D content still looks good and color seems just as good on this set as the higher end models form LG for 2012. The Magic Remote works better for browsing than anything on the market.

Best Regards,
John Hassen
JohnHassen
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:33 am

While your post is informative, it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.  You should create your own thread in the "Television Misc and News" forum.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by WalaceUlva » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:25 pm

I got the audio side of this covered.

------------------------------------------------
Season 7 Criminal Minds DVD-When you look long into an abyss,the abyss looks into you.

WalaceUlva
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to DVD