[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Need Extended Warranty for DVD and Other Electronic Items!!!

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:38 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Need Extended Warranty for DVD and Other Electronic Items!!!

Need Extended Warranty for DVD and Other Electronic Items!!!

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by jaffsmith23 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi All,

I am an electronic gadgets freaky person, have loads of them. Some of them are not covered under any extended warranty for which I am quite concerned. Can anyone please refer me a good place from where I can get extended warranties. I don't want any of my item to go into trash just because of high repairing costs which i cannot afford. Its better to take extended warranty, what you guys suggest??
jaffsmith23
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by georgeblack54 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Hey Jaff,

Hope you doing well!!!!

It seems that you love your gadgets very much and take good care of them. I came across something which I thought might be useful for people like you. Now even I am considering to take up an extended warranty on costly items to ensure their long and better life. See the link below and tell me if its useful for you..  :-)

http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Consumer.Priority.Service.800-905-0443/review/read?cid=808337

georgeblack54
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by SergeantYnot » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:52 am

These marketing threads are a weird gimmick.
SergeantYnot
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:27 pm

On 2009-11-14 11:52, SergeantYnot wrote:
These marketing threads are a weird gimmick.

Hello SergeantYnot,

They are kind of wierd but you got to get a smile out of the setup dialog.   Too strange!

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by davidnenman01 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Hey,
Thanks to the extended warranty which saved me couple of hundred dollars on my dishwasher. My dishwasher broke down and charges for repairing was so high, but with extended warranty the company replaced the faulty part with minimal cost. I would suggest everyone out thereto secure their costly items with extended warranty just to be on a safer side. I got it done from a very reputed company Consumer Priority Service after lot of research.
They also provides extended warranties on many electronic items and has succeeded in retaining customers.
davidnenman01
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 pm

And I am sure that you found and joined this A/V forum just to inform us about the money you saved on your dishwasher and not to promote CPS. No marketing gimmick here, right.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by parney » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:29 am

well jaffsmith23 I personally think extended warranties are a huge waist of money and thats what alot of experts will tell you.Most definatly on items such as electronics that will drop in value in a short amount of time or become obsolete in that same time frame.Also to note most electronics will break within a year if they are going to give out prematurely.I too have alot of electronics but I trie to resurch and buy quality stuff like say the es line in sony that makes me sleep at night not some extended warrantie with 100 conditions.The onlt item I would get an extended warrantie on is a plama tv but then again Id rather just get a more dependable lcd tv.Not trying to lecture just throwing my two cents in.
parney
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by parney » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:43 am

Oh and I'm still running my first Sony receiver that is like 16 years old strd911 works as good as the first day I bought it.I have bought alot of electronics over the years and the only thing that has ever broke on me was a samsung dvd player that gave out about 3 days past the normal warrantie.Wow out a hundred dollars but probably ahead by over a thousand dollars if I had purchased extended warranties on even half the stuff I own.Just remember you get what you pay for you buy it cheap chances are its made pretty cheap.Talk to people like on this forum not to sales people.   good luck !!!!
parney
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to DVD