[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DVP-CX995V (Cannot Play)

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:39 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DVP-CX995V (Cannot Play)

DVP-CX995V (Cannot Play)

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by als1978 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:39 am

had this dvd changer for about three months and than it completely stop reading any disc that I put in.  If anyone has any ideal what does this I would like you input
als1978
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Sunlitcomet » Wed May 20, 2009 4:31 pm

What was the solution to your problem.
Sunlitcomet
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Sunlitcomet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Bumping...Any new ideas lately other than cleaning?
Sunlitcomet
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jehill » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:54 pm

How old is yours?  What is the model number?  Often the solution is to replace the laser assembly.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Sunlitcomet » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Probably but I would like to hear some stories confirmation of the fix before I order new lasers I have 2 -995's One that sounds like the laser has a high pitch squel when trying to read discs dated late 2005 which I got for $60 which worked for about 3 hrs.  My newest one dated mid 2008 had a spat yesterday where I had fallen asleep watching a movie. Woke up  up to a the the repeating dvd menu thad had been cycling for about 2.5 hrs, switched to another movie and several time along the way the picture froze, playing a sound bite on high speed a-b type repeat but the time display was still counting. Switched to another disc which had an occasional pixelation problem. Then went back to the last disc and it said it could not play it. That disc works fine on my computer which today also plays fine in the same changer.

Some one has to have more info on this.

On the older one I have went thru the auto adjustments using sl/dl/cd discs without actual sony test discs having read it has been done on others sony dvd models with similar diagnostics on board. I have gone thru the service manual and can not come up with a definitive solution to the problem without just swapping parts.

If the laser unit is the problem and I replace it does the unit just go back to working properly or am I going to need some very expensive test discs to finish the repair?

Just looking for evidence to back it up in case I am looking at getting two new assy's.

Sunlitcomet
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Sunlitcomet » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Confirmed .. My spindle motor was bad read post from 9-12-09 first. Simply put if you take the cover off of your unit and you us the load function and see that you motor can not perform its task try turning it by hand it should be extremy easy to turn with no noise. mine wasn't. Although you have to buy the whole spindle motor/laser assy I chose to disassemble my unit and keep the old laser module in the player and save the new one in reserve. While i write the player is reloading it movie memory with no calibration or diagnostics being perform after replacement. Any questions feel free to ask.
Sunlitcomet
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to DVD