[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DVP CX850d fault

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:40 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DVP CX850d fault

DVP CX850d fault

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by speedline » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:31 pm

ive got a Sony DVP CX850d dvd changer thats developed a fault, when you switch it on from standby the display lights up and says SONY DVD and the standby light goes green, but then the player switches back to standby, im not to bad with a soldering iron and was wondering if anyone has come across this problem before, hopefully i can sort it myself, btw has anyone got the service manual for this.
speedline
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by chippiegdog » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:44 am

Hello,

I own a Sony DVP-CX850D 200 disc player as well and at the weekend just past my player has developed exactly the same fault as you describe in your posting.

Did you manage to get it repaired? Any advice you can give me on this topic will be gratefully received.

Many thanks
chippiegdog
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  I doubt that you are going to get a response from a 2004 post.  I looked at the Sony service information available for the DVP-CX850D and nothing is listed for your issue.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by chippiegdog » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:17 am

Many thanks for keeping me right! I went in to the Sony Centre in Aberdeen at lunchtime today. £40 and they send it away for the Sony Service Centre to look at it. I don't believe Sony still do a multi-disk player, so i think I am going to go for it? I havn't looked much on-line but it's a pity it wasn't easier to find info? I think sometimes in older kit the capacitors in the power supplys start to go? But I am no expert!
chippiegdog
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 am

It never hurts to replace old electrolytic capacitors.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by gwbishop » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 pm

This player hasa dvd calibration feature that can be activated by going into the service mode.
To enter this mode mode press: Title, Clear & Power On

I don't believe Sony still do a multi-disk player,
Sure they Do!
gwbishop
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to DVD