[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:48 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

DAV-C700 error code C-81

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by buytamil » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:08 am

Can someone tell me how to find an equivalent for the transistor. ?

Does Radioshack has that. ?

Do we need to remove the R011 resistor or we need to add 1K resistor between Q001 and Q002. ?

buytamil
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:01 am

Go back and re-read my posts on page 2 of this thread here.  R011, a 1K ohm resistor, must be replaced with a 470 ohm resistor.  Your local Radio Shack sales person should be able to look up the transistor replacement for you or you could check out this Radio Shack link.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by mlargeanu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:34 am

On 2007-11-21 13:01, jehill wrote:
Go back and re-read my posts on page 2 of this thread here.  R011, a 1K ohm resistor, must be replaced with a 470 ohm resistor.  Your local Radio Shack sales person should be able to look up the transistor replacement for you or you could check out this Radio Shack link.

Hello. Can you tell me if the service bulletin from your post on page 2 applies to DAV-S500 also? Thank you
mlargeanu
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Yes, it does!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by hiworld1 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 pm

On 2007-12-17 21:08, jehill wrote:
Welcome to Agoraquest!  Yes, it does!

Hi Jehill,
I have Sony DAV-FC9 DVD dream system. and recently experience same issue. My DVD feature is locked up but tuner/video1/video2/amplifier section works. when i switch function to DVD, display goes blank.  Even when i try to turn off the system, it goes in to "Stand by" mode and "Stand by' contineously blinks until i pull the power plug.

Is this C-81 fix is applicable to Sony DAV-FC9 series? if not can you please help me to fix this issue. it is very similar to what other user experience in this thread.

sorry to dig up very old thread.
thanks,
hiworld1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:47 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Sorry, but no the C-81 fix is not applicable to Sony DAV-FC9 series.  There is no service bulletin for the issue.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by hiworld1 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:05 am

Hi Jehill,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have reviewed schematic for DAV-C700 and DAV-FC9 and they have very similar Power and DVD board.

can you suggest any solution? for my problem.. where should i look? i have notice that there are lots of user having same problem with DAV - FC7/8/9 receivers (receiver model is HCD-FC8/9).

thanks,
hiworld1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:43 am

If the same components are used, you might try the fix.  Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you other than no fix is documented by Sony.  This is where a qualified service technician comes into play (that doesn't include me).
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Sahara » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:44 am

Sahara
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Do you really expect a response from a 2002 post? Are you referring to a DAV-C700? Did you look through all 9 pages of this topic for the answer to your question?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to DVD