[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:12 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

DAV-C700 error code C-81

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by jehill » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:11 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  The service bulletin discussed above does not apply to the DAVS300.  Sorry!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by zzeuss » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:07 am

thank you very much for your answer
because i find this problem is a long time.

it's very bad news for me.....  
zzeuss
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by mimithomas1 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:28 pm

Help!  I have a tower 5 disk changer - the SAVA D900.  There are two DVDs stuck in there and the system turns on and reads DVD but the changer won't move.  Not a peep of movement.  I took the speaker off the top and unscrewed the electronic face plate.  I can flip open the white cover that the DVDs are behind but can't see any DVDs to jiggle or grab to unstick it.  How do I open this further to get to the disk trays????  Without totally ruining the electronics, etc???
mimithomas1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jeffgzx9 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 pm

Hello all,

My girlfriends DAV-C700 had this same problem.  I applied the modified fix using the Q002 assembly and the 1k resistor soldered in parallel.  So far so good.  It didn't somke when power applied, and I was able to retrieve the DVDs that have been stuck in the unit. Next we will try it out at her place to see if it works the rest of the way! 

A couple of things I would say is that I wish I had a finer tip on my soldering iron, and I wish I had steadier hands!!! 
jeffgzx9
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:13 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  It sounds like you did all right though.  Good work!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by johnrph » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Frustrated!
 I removed the DVD board myself and took the PCB to a Sony Authorized repair center. For $50 they applied the modified fix using the Q002 assembly and the 470 ohm Sony resistor. I re-installed the DVD board and screwed down the Q002 assembly as instructed. I applied power the the unit and "All Clear!" appeared. Cool. I switched to DVD and the screen went blank and 5 seconds later C-81 returned. WTF! I tore it all back appart and verified the solder connections and looked for a solder bridge. All looked good. I made sure all cables seated back into their grips firmly. Tried again and C-81!  What did I do wrong? I do not want to take this to a Sony repair shop and pay $179. Any suggestions?
johnrph
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  By Q002 assembly, are you referring to a HOUSING (Q002) ASSEMBLY that was purchase from Sony or something else?  Is it possible that the wires from the assembly were connected to the wrong points?  Compare your work with the photographs provided in my second post above.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by johnrph » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  By Q002 assembly, are you referring to a HOUSING (Q002) ASSEMBLY that was purchase from Sony or something else?  Is it possible that the wires from the assembly were connected to the wrong points?  Compare your work with the photographs provided in my second post above

I double checked under my kids microscope that they have a clean solder and they are connected as in the drawing above. The HOUSING (Q002) Assembly was purchased directly from Sony as was the 470 ohm resistor. The dreaded C-81 still appears. Any other thoughts as to why?
Thanks for the great website!

johnrph
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:10 am

Sorry!  The only way I could do any more for you would be if I had the player in front of me so that I could troubleshoot it.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by buytamil » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:32 pm

I have DAV C700 player having c-81 issue. Can someone post the picture of the modified board [ Transistor and resistor ].

On 2007-07-20 13:10, jehill wrote:
Sorry!  The only way I could do any more for you would be if I had the player in front of me so that I could troubleshoot it.

buytamil
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

PreviousNext

Return to DVD