[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:26 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

DAV-C700 error code C-81

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by jehill » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:26 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  The center terminal and the metal tab on the NTE153 are connected to the collector.  The metal tab must be insulated if your plan on attaching the tap to the chassis.  However, if you attach the transistor to the hole in the amp board as illustrated, it appears that the hole is not attached to a foil, i.e. its not connected to anything.  In this case, no insulator is required.  The transistor is attached simply to hold it in place, not to provided added heat dissipation.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by cry_sandiego » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:44 am

Great. Thanks for the quick response JeHill. Appreciate it.

Got the transistor as well.. I will try it out. I was thinking of heat dissipation as i thought the original one went bad b'cos of burn out.

Hopefully my system shd be up and running this evening./

thanks again

Siva
cry_sandiego
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:37 pm

It should be!  Good luck!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by cry_sandiego » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:18 am

Jehill,

Yup. It's up an running !!.. so glad to have it back up.. and saving money . Thanks a lot again.

The transistor cost me $2.90 and the repair ~ 3 hours of my time.

For those who are venturing into this, a few points.

#1. Take pics of the assembly before you disassemble- There are quite a few flex and other connectors that you have to unplug to get to the bottom of the DVD board.

#2. Note the Screw types and locations. and during the repair, keep the screw groups separated. ( After i finished assembling it back , i ended up with a screw left.. did not have the energy to go back to figure out which one i missed )

#3. A flashlight, Tweezers and  anti-static wrist wrap are essential.

#4. There is a heat sink, adhesively attached to an IC on the DVD board. THis inturn fits into the metal platform that separates the DVD and the power supply board. Pls make sure that this locks in place correctly as i had a little bit of a problem as the heat sink came of.

All said, fairly straightforward !. Helps to be an engineer at times

Good luck to all

Cheers
Siva

cry_sandiego
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:48 am

Thanks for sharing your experience!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by fourstarmm » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:08 pm

Hey all,

I know this thread has been dead for awhile, but the problem is current for me.

I have a DAV-C900 and have the c-81 error *unable to open, play, DVD's etc*. I have read, researched and gone out to locate the small parts necessary, but without much luck.

I did manage to pick up 470 ohm resistors, but that is it so far. I dont know where to find that Q002 housing with the three wires...and I need that Toshiba Transistor as well.

Can ANYONE point me in the direction as to where to locate the rest of the parts? Perhaps somewhere in North America?

I am just having a pain in the ass of the time trying to find all of them.
javascript:editor_insertHTML('message',' ');

Thanks very much
fourstarmm
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Hobbes » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:45 am

Hobbes
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Hobbes » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:49 am

Hobbes
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Hobbes » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:06 am

* sigh * I can't figure out how to actually edit a previous post.

First of all, THANK YOU for sharing this issue on the Internet. I have just repaired a Sony DAV-S800 with a DVD lockup by replacing Q002 from the main processing board. I'll tell anyone who wants to hear that Agoraquest.com rules.

I would also like to share some other thoughts on this matter. I think that this issue and the solution with the off-board 2SB1375 are reasonably daft. Here's why:

In the first picture I posted above, you can see that the body outline of Q002 is drawn in silkscreen on the PCB. It may look nice, but it inhibits practically all heat transfer from the die via the thermal pad of the device to the PCB. Note the coloration of the silkscreen on the spot where Q002 was located (bottom right corner of the picture).

I removed the silkscreen AND soldermask to expose the bare copper on the PCB. After that, I replaced Q002 for a European type BCX53-16 (Philips / NXP brand). Datasheet:

http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/philips/BCX51_52_53_4.pdf

Looking at the specifications, I would assume the BCX53-16 to break down very rapidly, but the better thermal behavior compensates this. So, instead of using a bigger transistor and cranking up the base current (by reducing R011) I propose using the same transistor, heck, why not the 2SA1213 as is, while using the exposed copper as a better heat sink.

In the end, the repair also gives a nice result, as can be seen in the second picture I posted.

Cheers,

Hobbes
Hobbes
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by zzeuss » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:46 am

i have a same problem, but my model is dav-s300.

what can i do? i will do like this topic? or not?

please answer me cause my dvd player not worked for long time
zzeuss
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

PreviousNext

Return to DVD