[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

Advanced search
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 8:00 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DAV-C700 error code C-81

DAV-C700 error code C-81

This forum addresses questions on installation, configuration and troubleshooting you might encounter with your Sony DVD player.

Moderator: jttar

by skiergary » Sat May 14, 2005 12:26 pm

I just replaced the power supply and did the c-81 error mod. Now the cd tray wont open but it says open on the lcd any ideas???????
skiergary
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by hoss » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:02 am

Hi All

Great resource site; special thanks to John for posting the how to fix it. Yes another C-81 error sufferer; I have managed to get the parts from partstore.com in USA.
I have followed John’s instructions and replaced R011 resistor together with the Housing (Q002) Assy.
Now when (Open/Close) is pressed; The Unit switches on from standby mode and displays DAV S800 and then DVD but there is no activity form the DVD and door does not open as though DVD is dead.
Does anybody have any ideas?

P.S Tuner and amp are working fine. 

Regards

Hoss-UK 

hoss
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:50 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  I would go back and be absolutely sure that you didn't introduce solder bridges to adjacent conductors.  Its essential that you don't.  That's what the mean by "Note: Do not touch other patterns." in the instructions.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by hoss » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:05 pm

Hi John

You are absolutely right; there was a bridge which was causing the fault, I had to redo my work and hey presto all is fine. Thanks again.

Hoss    
fficeffice" />>>

hoss
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:22 pm

Great!  I am happy to have been of assistance!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by alpha112 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:19 pm

John, I have read the helpful comments you have given on the C-81 problem, I have a DAV-C900 and am having the same problem.

I have read the solution but I am not familiar with these transistors, where to buy them and how to solder and change them.

Would you please suggest some place in Pittsburgh, PA where I can take my DVD player and get it fixed. Or some place where I can ship it and they can do this transistor change for me.

Another question I have is that if I buy DVP-NC80V/B or DVP-NC80V/S which are 5 DVD changer from Sony would they replace this old C-81 problematic dvd player and be able to conect to the 5.1 spkr set I have from C900.

Thanks a bunch
alpha112
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:07 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Yes, the service bulletin that I posted does apply to the DAV-C900.  The two parts listed may be purchased for $14.61 and $1.07, respectively, here.  Just search for Part or Accessory Number x49548961 and 121894911.

Let your fingers do the walking in the yellow pages under telelvision repair and look for an authorized Sony servicenter.

If your other DVD players have an optical output, you can hook it to the VIDEO 2 optical input on your DAV-C900.  You won't be able to play SACDs, but you will be able to play everything else.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by alpha112 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:32 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, Sorry for this stupid question but what do you mean by SACDs.

I have ordered the items as you recommended. So I should take the player, the parts and the print of the instructions you gave on this forum on what do, to a SONY service centre and they would be able to do it for me ???

Thanks a lot.
alpha112
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by alpha112 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:34 pm

Also please tell me, that how much should I pay (roughly) for this repair as I would also have the parts. I am not sure about the costs and I just don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks
alpha112
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:33 am

SACD is the acronym for Super Audio CD.  They take CDs to a new level that includes 5.1 tracks of sound recorded in a format referred to as Direct Stream Digital (DSD).  The DAV-C900 can play SACDs, because the decoding logic is within the unit.  However, you can't play SACDs on a separate SACD player without a multi-channel analog audio connection.  The DAV-C900 doesn't include a set of multi-channel analog input jacks, so you can't play SACD tracks from a separate player.

You may ruffle the sevicenter's feathers by coming in with the parts and service bulletin, but they should be able to install the parts for you at a reasonable cost.  Rather than give them what I posted, I would simply give them the service bulletin Document Reference, E16031285, and let them look it up.  Only if they claim that they can't locate it would I give them what I posted.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to DVD