[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony KP46C65 Cabinet Disassembly ?

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony KP46C65 Cabinet Disassembly ?

Sony KP46C65 Cabinet Disassembly ?

Section where you have questions/comments about room setup, equipment design, wiring and best configuration between Sony products in creating the best Home Theater setup.

Moderator: jttar

by BruceAlan » Tue May 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Need to reduce the size/weight (bulk) of a Sony KP-46C65 RPTV, in order to transport it into a limited access space environment.   Goal is to disassemble the top/bottom halves of the unit and move them separately.

Already have the lower rear perf-board cover, and the upper rear plastic cover (cabinet that houses the mirror assembly) removed.  Look slike the equipment needs some TLC maintenance (cleaning the mirror and 'gun' lenses, and replacing the display fresnel that has a major scratch in it), which I will do before reassembly.

I need to know what remaining fasteners must be removed (and what tool(s) will be needed) before the front upper section of the unit will detach.  Attached image shows current progress.
Sorry about the horizontal image, it's the only way I could get a decent resolution image to conform to the size limits.

As you can see in the image, I have a bit of de-dusting to do on the PCB (bottom) and the 'color gun' lenses.
No wonder the picture was dim...  ;-)           But the cost of the unit was right...
As soon as I get it in the house, I'll get busy cleaning.

Thanks,
Bruce

BruceAlan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  It appears that the information you need may be contained in the service manual disassembly drawings (Section 2).  Check the availability of the service manual from Agoraquest at http://www.agoraquest.com/manual_request.php.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Getting Started/Building a Home Theater